June 17th All Streams not working

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

June 17th All Streams not working

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:49 pm

As many of you are starting to notice, SiriusXM has either pulled the WMA based streams from their legacy player that the MLSatRadio plugins use or there’s a technological failure on their side causing things not to work. This affects all channels.

SiriusXM has turned off the legacy WMA feeds that their streams used to use. They have now switched over to encrypted RTMP audio streams that are used by the Flash player on their website. Because these streams are now encrypted it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to get the MLSatRadio plugin working again. This is obviously totally out of our control. I am working on trying to get something working but like I mentioned it may be impossible because of the encryption. The best you can do is watch this forum for an announcement.

We are also working on alternate streaming music services like Last.fm, Internet radio and hopefully Pandora if I can convince them we are worthy of getting access to their API.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: June 17th All Streams not working

Postby shakey » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Dave,

Any news from Pandora? It would be great to be able to use Pandora thru MainLobby.

Chad

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Pandora still refuses to give us access to their API. They still use the old party line that they do not have enough in-house tech support to assist the home automation market. So we continue to wait.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Dave,

I know its a round about way to get Pandora and other streaming services, but have you ever given any thought to writing a driver for VortexBox? I know it does some of the stuff MusicLobby does, but it would be a nice way with 2-way feed back to be use Pandora and other streaming service. Just about all us Geeks have an old PC laying around. http://vortexbox.org/

Chad

Return to “MLSatRadio”