Pre-sales questions: Multiple Favorites lists, re-logins...

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Pre-sales questions: Multiple Favorites lists, re-logins...

Postby Wysocki » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:45 pm

I have had XMlobby since it came out and waited "patiently" for an update. Whew! Guess this is it. Couple of questions though:

1. In the XMlobby module I could define a few playlists of channels. I had my short favorite lists, my wife's list, my long list with everything except stations I'd NEVER ever listen to, etc. Looks like this plugin is limited to just the one Favorites list the online service provides. Any way to expand on that (or future plans to do so)?

2. I'm on a trial of the online service for my HTPC, and I also installed the XM app on my Droid phone. I got them both to play for a long time together but eventually the HTPC logged out. I'm not sure that it was the dual logins that caused that, but in any case, what would MLSatRadio do in this case? Would it attempt an automatic re-login if it was actively playing at the time or what?

3. Are there MLserver variables available for the programs on stations other than the current one? I'd like to create a screen with a few of my favorites on individual buttons and have the realtime program info alongside each of them. Doable?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pre-sales questions: Multiple Favorites lists, re-logins...

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:40 am

1. In the XMlobby module I could define a few playlists of channels. I had my short favorite lists, my wife's list, my long list with everything except stations I'd NEVER ever listen to, etc. Looks like this plugin is limited to just the one Favorites list the online service provides. Any way to expand on that (or future plans to do so)?

Right now there is only 1 list. I could expand that to multiple lists in the next release.

2. I'm on a trial of the online service for my HTPC, and I also installed the XM app on my Droid phone. I got them both to play for a long time together but eventually the HTPC logged out. I'm not sure that it was the dual logins that caused that, but in any case, what would MLSatRadio do in this case? Would it attempt an automatic re-login if it was actively playing at the time or what?

If you are listening to the radio from the web browser apps then they will automatically time out after 60 minutes if you fail to click on the "are you still listening prompt". When you play the stream from the plugin there is no such timeouts. I listen to Sirius for 10-12 hours each day as I work at my desk and it never times out.

3. Are there MLserver variables available for the programs on stations other than the current one? I'd like to create a screen with a few of my favorites on individual buttons and have the realtime program info alongside each of them. Doable?

Not at this time but I've been thinking of adding that as a feature in the 4.0 release.

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Wysocki » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:12 pm

CinemarDave wrote:
Right now there is only 1 list. I could expand that to multiple lists in the next release.

Great! That would come in handy for me to censor a few channels that I'd never want to have playing on my system. For now, could I just access the database shown in the mlserver XM tab and edit the online box to do this? Also, some of the genres (and even a couple of channel descriptions) have double quotes around them. Don't know why someone would do this, but is there any way to edit or get rid of them (they cause the filters scene to not sort them correctly)?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:29 pm

If you have a copy of Access or MDBPlus you can open up the Satradio.mdb file and make your edits. Save a copy of the original just in case...

Return to “MLSatRadio”