MLSatRadio Plugin Released

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

MLSatRadio Plugin Released

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:38 pm

If you are looking for something to experiment with this weekend the MLSatRadio plugin is now available for testing. This is the evolution of XMLobby. Some of the new features include:

1) 100% customizable interface
2) Adds support for both SIRIUS and XM online streaming players
3) A total of 5 radios are supported. Radios 1-4 are streaming radios. Just like in MusicLobby you can assign pairs of channels on your sound card to each radio. A typical 7.1 PC sound card can be used to create 4 independent radios. The 5th radio is for the legacy hardware radios XMPCR, XM Direct and Polk XRt12.
4) In order to use the streaming radios 1-4 you are required to be a subscriber to either the XM or SIRIUS online players.
5) You can use the ClientSvc program to define radios on remote PCs.

A few caveats.
1) The MLSatRadio plugin uses the 2010 version of the same music controls that MusicLobby uses. If you install this plugin you will have to also install the latest version of the MusicLobby plugin.

2) I have not tested this with any of the hardware radios. I am using the same code to control those radios as XMLobby so it should work but I'll need someone to test this for me. If this plugin does not work with your radio I'll most likely have to remote into your PC and have a look.

3) Until this plugin is officially released please treat it as beta software. Meaning do not use this in a mission critical production environment.

Documentation can be found in the wiki here. Download via MLInstaller.

A separate install is also available with some sample client scenes. They are in 1024x768 format and will install into the Content\0019\1024x768 folder. The main scene is called 0019_Media_SatRadio.mls. Here are the screen shots of what it should look like.

UI-1a.png

UI-2a.png

UI-3a.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: MLSatRadio Plugin Available for testing

Postby ronsatter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:55 am

Plugin download hangs with MLInstaller. Client scenes download is OK.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:43 am

It downloads fine here. Did you give it enough time? It is a 40mb file.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:25 pm

After watching the busy cursor for 10 minutes, I guessed it was hanging. We really need a download progress bar for MLInstaller. Will try again.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 pm

It downloaded sucessfully ... and it does take a while.

Ron

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:25 pm

CinemarDave wrote:I have not tested this with any of the hardware radios. I am using the same code to control those radios as XMLobby so it should work but I'll need someone to test this for me.

Hi Dave,

I'm starting to test this plugin. I use XMLobby with everything working correctly, but I'm a sucker for a new plugin. :roll:
I use the XMPCR device connected to the ML Server machine listening on ComPort 3.

The MLSatRadio plugin and client scenes installed correctly. I disabled XMLobby and enabled MLSatRadio. Retarted ML. I got this error message in the event log:
Image1.jpg

I moved on ... setting my XMPCR hardware on ComPort 3 for Radio 5 like this:
Image2.jpg

I restarted ML Server. I got the same error message and the Radio 5 settings I entered were not there.

What should I do?

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Line 2380 is trying to initialize one of the internal stream players in the music control. It tells me that your music controls were not upgraded as part of the install. Did you get any errors during the install?

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:13 pm

No

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:25 pm

My bad! :oops:

I didn't have the latest version of MLMusicLobby installed. That took care of the initialization error. Now I have some control of streams and the XMPCR device.
Image2.jpg

I can select the stream sources OK and change the XM channel on the streams, but the "Play" command for the stream gives me this error:
Image1.jpg

I also get this Winsock timeout error:
Image3.jpg

So I don't have audio from the streams, but I do have all the meta data and cover art. I checked the internet radio streams on MusicLobby and they are playing correctly.

Is it possible to have MusicLobby, Internet Radio streams and MLSatRadio all playing simultaneously on different sources?

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:34 pm

I just uploaded version 3.90.17 of the plugin and it now includes the missing music controls. My mistake. :oops:
This version also fixes the issue where the radio and comm port are not restored on startup.

It is possible to play Music, Internet Streams and Satellite stream all at the same time in different zones. They could all be played in the same zone if you really want to mess with your head.

The PlayXMChannel error at line #80 tells me that the login to XMRadio.com failed. Did you enter the correct XM username and password on the first tab? Remember, if you are using Radio's 1 to 4 they require a valid XM Online or Sirius Online account.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Is the password entry field case sensitive? XM Radio passwords require upper and lower case characters.

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am

The plugin is case sensitive but what it passes on to XM is. Type it exactly how XM wants it. If it is not working either let me try your username and password here or I can remote in and run a debug version of the plugin on your system.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi Dave , MLsatRadio Plugin stream part work great, the harware side don't work the same as the old version the direct tv part of it use to look at marco to send the rs232 code to the harware unit which allowed you to setup code other then direct tv. so in a case where we use other type of unit we can setup the code in the marco and it would send that code for the channel you want to change to. could you add this in to the new version, becuase ths will good for other who use these type of satradio unit. get back to me on this dave. Mark

PS. Nice job on the plugin

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi Dave,

My password was broken. All is OK now. Streams are working, minor stuttering at the start while stream is buffering. So far, works fine with my XMPCR device. I love the multi-radio (streams) option. 5 different sources from one provider is awesome. I don't have the 7.1 sound card installed yet, so I'm not able to test the plugin with all 5 streams playing at the same time. Curious if there are buffering problems with mulitiple streams playing. I'm running the plugin on my MLServer machine which has a dual-core processor. What is your experience?

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:41 pm

I have been running 4 simultaneous streams with my relatively slow 3mb Internet connection and I haven't seen any errors. Not even any stuttering on startup. CPU usage is very low, barely noticeable. Internet bandwidth running 4 streams is just under 500kbs.

Return to “MLSatRadio”