BarLobby

Have a great idea about how to expand ML - post it here
Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:08 am

kgugde, ahhh THAT content folder,LOL. Thank you for the simple explanation. A big help my friend.

David, lets make sure I understand this right. ALWAYS leave the Cinemar folder as is and never change it. ALWAYS have my "screens" or setups go to a CONTENT folder, NOT the original Cinemar directories. Then always copy what I need from the Cinemar folders and place them into the content folder as needed? Is that right? I missed learning that somewhere along the line.

Now that I have copied some items into the content folder and have my startups go to that content folder, I have a mess. But I will figure it out. In the mean time, my bartender keyboard doesnt come up. Is there an easy way to uninstall all the bartender and start back at the beginning.

"That dang ranger always has issues, what is his problem?" lol. I know I know. I do though dont I?

So it appears that my issue is kb pop up. I searched wiki and I dont see what I need to see. I may not be using wiki right but it just doesnt seem to bring resolution for me.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:50 am

Ranger, import the attached kb.cmds file into your command maps. Then you'll have the missing KB macros.

Make sure you have done the following:
1) placed the PopupKeyboard.mls file in your content folder
2) placed the keyboard.swf file in the SWF subfolder of your content folder
3) Import these macros

If the above three steps are followed then the keyboard should work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:22 pm

Dave, thanks for the download.

"1) placed the PopupKeyboard.mls file in your content folder." Done, it was already there. --- C:\Program Files\Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768

"2) placed the keyboard.swf file in the SWF subfolder of your content folder." Done, it was already there -- C:\Program Files\Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768\swf

"3) Import these macros." I imported them, extracted. However, I am not sure where the comman maps go so I did a search for "*.cmds" and found some in the main directory -- C:\Program Files\ML Server,,,, So I just moved them to that file. Is that correct?

I hit "find" in drinklobby and nothing happens. Should I have a kb.show somewhere? I did a search for that on that PC and nothing came up. Is that what the attached macros are supposed to set up? Maybe I put the .cmds file in the wrong directory?

Thanks for you time, I know I am a pain, lol. But actually proud of everything I have got working over the last year, alot thanks to you.

CinemarDave wrote:Ranger, import the attached kb.cmds file into your command maps. Then you'll have the missing KB macros.

Make sure you have done the following:
1) placed the PopupKeyboard.mls file in your content folder
2) placed the keyboard.swf file in the SWF subfolder of your content folder
3) Import these macros

If the above three steps are followed then the keyboard should work.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:44 pm

Ranger,
Always leave the Cinemar default directories in the Content folder as is.
They are in the 0019 subedirectory.

Your custom scenes should be:

Cinemar\Content\Ranger1

Leave
Cinemar\Content\0019 alone

Test Cinemar new stuff in 0019 by changing your default content folder to
Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768

Save and restart MainLobby client and you should be using Cinemars default scenes.

Make sure you are on latest of ALL components and your Windows PC is fully updated.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:55 pm

David, OK. That confuses me a bit. The only things in my Cinemar\Content\0019 file are 3 folders: 800x600, 1024x768 and common. I am confused because you say leave 0019 alone but the 1024x768 IS a part of that folder. You say make 1024x768 my defualt folder, you mean in the start up? Then after testing change it to Cinemar\Content\Ranger1? So I need to make a Ranger1 folder and move items into that it sound like. Dont even ask me what gets moved. I have no idea.

Do you think I should just unintall cinemar completely off my system and start over? Surely there is a way to save all my custom files. Again, I am at a loss. in addition to this problem, ever since I moved all my cinemar to a new computer to put in the model home/showroom things are not as right as they were, ie Jriver says NOT LICENSED on the ml plugin, so I cant use mainlobby for music right now. My weahter icons dont come up and other issues. but one step at a time. Thats why i havent even begun to play with the new HAI plug in. I obviously have something seriously set up wrong in the main folders.

DavidL wrote:Ranger,
Always leave the Cinemar default directories in the Content folder as is.
They are in the 0019 subedirectory.

I have my default set to to Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768. Obviously since I am the only one not getting my keyboard pop up to work, its something I have done on my end incorrectly. For that I apologize

Your custom scenes should be:

Cinemar\Content\Ranger1

Leave
Cinemar\Content\0019 alone

Test Cinemar new stuff in 0019 by changing your default content folder to
Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768

Save and restart MainLobby client and you should be using Cinemars default scenes.

Make sure you are on latest of ALL components and your Windows PC is fully updated.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:08 pm

I found an mldrink uninstall. uninstalled mldrink and reinstalled it. The main bar menu comes up but when i hit FIND A DRINK, nothing happens.

mldrink is in the content\1019\1024x768 folder
the keyboard shockwave flash is in the content\1019\1024x768swf folder
the popupkeyboard 2kb exe file is in the content\1019\1024x768 folder

I am running 3.0.15 ml client.

I am running 3.0.527 server, is that the problem??? I have that for HAI beta right?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:41 pm

If you do not IMPORT the KB command maps nothing is going to work.

Open the MLServer command maps from the MLServer Tools/Macro commands menu.

The click on the 3rd button on the toolbar with the popup tool tip that says "Import Maps"

Locate the kb.cmds file you unzipped and select that for import.

Verify that you now have KB commands in the list.

Close the macros command window

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:49 pm

dave dave dave!!! you ARE the man!

Had no idea about that instruction. Thank you!!!! WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!

Super fast too.

CHEERS!

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Interesting. I hope to learn from this:

Got mldrink to work, on the main touchscreen. I have two others via an added dual video card for a total of three touchscreens. Updated the ML to the latest version, got all the mldrink files loaded, all works good. (your welcome for me not asking more questions, lol).

However, the issue is when I am on screen 2 or 3 and hit the "look for
area to bring up the keyboard, it only comes up on the first touchscreen. any thing i search for on ANY screen shows up on all screens.

I have each screen with its own file cinemar, cinemar2 and cinemar3. Each also have their own content\0019 folder (spunds like i learned today I need another folder and not use the 0019 folder). Somewhere somehow the keyboard is tied to all three screens. Whats the procedure for getting each screen to have its own individual keyboard and to not have them all show the same mldrink. I am confident this one is an easy fix.

I do have mldrink and keyboard files in each of the screens folders. Tyring to figure it out on my own but,,,,,,:)
Last edited by Ranger Home Automation on Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:03 pm

1) You need 3 distinct content folders, each a clone of the master

2) You need to create three unique MainLobby.ini files TS1.ini, TS2.ini, T3.ini each a copy of your existing MainLobby.ini

3) Edit each of the TSx.ini files so that each points to one of the unique content folders and each has a unique Client Name and each sets the X,Y offset so it starts on the proper screen.

4) Create three different sortcuts on your desktop that launch MainLobby.exe

5) Change the properties of the shortcut. Set the "Run" command for each shortcut so that it reads MainLobby.exe TSx.ini where x is 1, 2, or 3

Now you will have three independent MainLobby clients all running from the same PC.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Dave, I have had three running for some time now. Its the kb thats an issue. I will go thru your suggestions and see what i can find.

However, at some point I would be up for a dial in and even pay a fee. I want to get this all correct before displaying in the showroom, but i have time.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:22 pm

I got the keyboard working after following Dave's cmds install instructions. Its worked fine since the fifth.

However, since i had to reinstall my OS again, issues with keyboard. Keyboard comes up, but it wont type nor will it go away even when I go to another mls screen/

The cmds are installed in Mlserver directory, imported into mls. The popupkeyboard is loaded in content\ranger1\0019\1024x768. SWF is also loaded under movies in that folder folder.

Not sure what i have left out. The only variables that show in mls is:

kb_editvar drinkfinder_search_myClient1
kb_editvalue (no value is listed)

The macro commands are:
kb.cancel
kb.remote.Close
kb.remtoe.show
kb.save
KB.setcolors
kb.show

I have shut down and reopened everything. Still, the keyboard comes up but wont allow me to type.

Something simple and stupid on my part?

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:11 pm

bump. See post above about keyboard not allowing keystrokes nor going away with out shutting down ml.

Thank

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:28 pm

If the keyboard isn't typing then I suspect the flash player is not 8.0 or greater.

Shut down MainLobby.
Look in the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder
Do you have a Flash9f.ocx file?
If not go to Adobe's web site and download and install the latest version of Flash.

After you have done that. Look at the Flash.ocx file that is in the same folder. Is it the same size and date as the Flash9f.ocx file?

If it is not delete the Flash.ocx file and then make a copy of the Flash9f.ocx file and call it Flash.ocx. Make a copy of the file do not rename it.

You will end up with a Flash.ocx file and a Flash9f.ocx file that are identical.

Restart MainLobby and see if this helps with the keyboard problem.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:04 pm

that explains why it worked on my old install.

Again, You are the man.

Many thanks to you out there on Plant Earth.

Return to “MainLobby Feature Requests”