BarLobby

Have a great idea about how to expand ML - post it here
jblively

Postby jblively » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:48 pm

gregoryx wrote:50% further than today! Bring it on! Thanks, Dave!

:mrgreen:

I agree, heck, I can build an access form that's not to terribly looking for data input....and use data access pages (the web front end for access), then I can pop that straight into ML.....

I think that would work well!!!

J

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:49 am

Happy July 4th!
To celebrate the occasion, Cinemar provides MLDrinkFinder.
Free to those who have graciously purchased MainLobby3 Combo!

Have fun and enjoy the weekend!

http://www.cinemaronline.com/mlserver.m ... inder.html

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:40 pm

Work of pure genius. Now where did I put my cocktail shaker?

hic!

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:37 pm

looks like its going to be great. I did a search on onscreen keyboard as I think that may be my problem. I hit "find a drink" and nothing happens. I must not have the keyboard loaded?

I will keep playing with it.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:28 pm

It expects ......0019\1024x768\ to be your path.

open .......0019\1024x768\movies\popupkeyboard.mls. Check the reference to \movies\swf\keyboard.swf is correct, if not fix it. Save changes.

open ...0019\1024x768\0019_drinks.mls correct the background reference and overlay reference.

Also kb.show macro will need correcting if your path isn't .....0019\1024x768\ as it make a call to movies\popupkeyboard.mls.

Should now be up and running.

You click on the screen bit, type in an ingredient, save then hit find drink and it lists all drinks with said ingredient.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:32 pm

That helped a bunch. At least I can get a keyboard now. First time. Woohoo!

Now the problem is, the keyboard should POP UP. Right now I have a path to it as a link in the "drinkfinder search". I am sure its not supposed to be a link exactly, but some way to make it just pop up. I click on the name space and it links to the pop up. then i have to go back and then do the search.

What part am I leaving out? Sure it has something to do with your comment "Also kb.show macro will need correcting if your path isn't .....0019\1024x768\ as it make a call to movies\popupkeyboard.mls" but I dont follow that.

Its pretty slick, and very fast.

THANKS!

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:52 pm

yep that is how iti supposed to work,you click the entrybox kb pops up, you enter your drink, save, find drink!

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:01 pm

but the keyboard doesnt POP UP, it goes to another screen. I typy, then save, then have to pull down my menu and go "back". Surely thats not right.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:23 pm

popup isnt very accurate term, in fact what happens is it moves into view. Clicking on the dsplay should bring it back into view again. kb save and kb view are the two macros that do this.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Ranger, Let's assume you have followed the recommendation to always install to the default paths and that you never change Cinemar's sample directories. And, when you want to customize your own setup, you copy Cinemar's into a new content directory and go to town without messing with the default setup.

With that said, change the content path back to the default 1024x768 folder and you can see how it's suppose to work.

Once you see how it's suppose to work, then you can reverse engineer it (like Kgudge is walking you through).

My guess is that you haven't modified the keyboard macros for your custom content folder choice.

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:27 pm

Great Job Guys!!!

Is there any way you could add a whats on shelf so you can inventory what you have in stock? It would be great to filter drinks by favorites, types and by whats on shelf.

This is great !!!

Thanks
James

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:40 pm

pacman wrote:Great Job Guys!!!

Is there any way you could add a whats on shelf so you can inventory what you have in stock? It would be great to filter drinks by favorites, types and by whats on shelf.

This is great !!!

Thanks
James

Hmmm....It's offline at the moment but I have/had a drink recipe database going for several years until I switched servers and have not put it back up. You could put in what you had available and it would return what drinks you could make. Includes: how to make, how much of each, what glass to use etc. I think it was around 1000 drinks last count. I'll see if I can bring it back to life in the next few weeks.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:41 pm

David, if by sample paths you mean install it the way mlinstaller does, then thats the exact way I did it. Didnt change any paths. I did add a link to an MLS scene to get a keyboard to come up. Not sure what I am doing different than everyone else as it seams others worked after installing and not doing anything. I could be wrong about that.

The 1024x768 folder is exactly as it was installed. Never touched it.

Not sure what a content directory is let alone copying files into it.

I believe my issue lies not knowing how to do kbshow macros. Never heard of it before. Havent played with ML in a while.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:55 am

Ranger,

In "options" on your mainlobby client, "startup", mainlobby content folder (at the bottom of the startup screen) to:

C:\Program Files\Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768

make a note or cut n paste the current path to a text file so you can restore it, if different.

then open 0019_drinks.mls. Provided you havn't altered the scene it should now work as designed.

Dont click your link, click on the display window and the KB should popup, after clicking save it should disappear again leaving the entered word in the display window. Click the window again and the KB should re-appear.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:45 am

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... der_Plugin

Pacman, We have thoughts on a local database driven plugin (BarLobby), but that is quite a bit more work. This was a quickee to get the weekend going :)

Return to “MainLobby Feature Requests”