Windows 8.1 yet again

Have a great idea about how to expand ML - post it here
chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Windows 8.1 yet again

Postby chuck99z28 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:58 pm

I know, its been covered.

I haven't been around much because my MainLobby systems been running fine (knock on wood.) I haven't messed with the server.

I did get a new "gamers" keyboard and wrote a little program so that the programmable keys turn on and off my office lights and change the camera view on my security monitor screen by sending commands to port 23 (.net 4.5 tcpclient c#). Its pretty cool.

Anyway... I've been running clients on (4) Windows 8.1 tablets for over a year now and it works fine. But it would be cool to integrate the client more into the Windows 8 Metro Interface. Not sure if you looked into this, but it doesn't look like it would take much more than tweaking the project properties and making it aware of if its already running or not. To be honest I haven't messed with trying without changing the client. Maybe it would be as easy as locking the interface and selecting to run only one instance.

As you know the Metro interface is active and could also display whats new in your library or playing now.

Have you explored this at all? Is it ruled out totally, or just on the back burner for the day when you don't have 100 other things to do?

Regardless everything else is great, thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 8.1 yet again

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Trying to play in the Metro UI sits at the bottom of the list. Won't really get any attention until Windows 10 is out and we see what the new Spartan browser can do. Are you still using the MainLobby Flash client?

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:10 pm

Yes, still using the flash client.

Is that becoming extinct?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:14 pm

The MainLobby Flash client design was frozen back in early 2013. We are only fixing bugs if any are discovered. All the effort has been switch to the HTML5, CSS3 web apps. This gives us rich support of all mobile platforms.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:29 pm

I'll have to look at it.

I hope it has the Axis control. I use that a lot.

As attached
I'm running clients just to display and remote control views of the 9 cameras I have at my house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Welcome to the NSA. Yes you can view live image streams from the Axis cameras via the Axis web server's mjpeg streams.

Return to “MainLobby Feature Requests”