Note object for touchscreen

Have a great idea about how to expand ML - post it here
Droezel

Note object for touchscreen

Postby Droezel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:37 am

I'd like to make a note section in my interface where we can leave a handwritten message (for example: away to store, back in five min). I guess something like this wouldnt be too hard to make for someone with flash knowledge?

Here's an example:
http://www.gwycon.com/simple-flash-paint-program/

And here's a tutorial:
http://www.pixelhivedesign.com/tutorial ... g+Program/

My suggestions:
* fixed backgroundcolor: black
* fixed foregroundcolor: white
* should be resizable, or we would need aspect ratios of 4:3 and widescreen
* should have a clear button, or a method to clear the contents from a button outside the object

Anyone with flash-skillz up for this?

Droezel

Re: Note object for touchscreen

Postby Droezel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:44 am

Ok, couldnt wait so I downloaded flash and did the tutorial. It is working, but as you can see in the screenshot i can write outside of the flash object. Any ideas why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:55 am

Ok, I solved it (sort of...)

I created a button on a transparent background of 100x60 pixels. Just put it into your scene and you can write all over it. Remember that you can write all over your scene :). Press the button to clear all your writing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi Droezel,

Diggin' this ... great idea. A couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to restrict the writing area to a specific size and location, like within the swf object itself? For instance in my screen shot, I would size and position the swf to overlay the black area on the scene.

2. Is there a way to change or control the position of the clear button. It seems to live in the upper left corner of my screen. That's a problem for people who keep the MainLobby edit panel active. Touching that area to clear the screen opens the edit panel. Can we just use a command and place it in a menu button?

Also, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the button "Note". As soon as I open the scene with the swf object, I can write on the scene. I do not need to press the button. Is that the way it's supposed to work? There doesn't seem to be a way to enable/disable the writing effect. After completing the note, there is no way to disable the effect. Consequently, everywhere you touch on the screen leaves a blue dot.

Thanks as always for your cool creations. I still use your "Google" maps overlays.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:48 am

The restricting of the writing area is a problem i will have to look at. My flash knowledge is "non-existing" so I would have to do some experimenting. Until the writing area can be restricted you would have to navigate away from the scene containing the button to undo it.

You should be able to move the button, try to grasp somewhere near the red circle but not on it.

Any help would be appreciated on the work on the swf object. I'll post the FLA in an attchment.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi Droezel,

I was able to move the button away from the upper right corner. I selected the swf object from the "Layers" window and used my directional keyboard arrows to move to the desired location on the scene.

I discovered that if you build a scene with just the notes swf object on it ... then load the scene as layer 1 ... all painting is hidden under layers 2, 3 and 4, just as you would expect. With some layering strategy, this could be a temporary fix to restrict the painting area.

Still needed:

A way to enable/disable the painting with an ML command.

Ron

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:03 am

Ok,

I solved the problem for restricting the paint area trough an ini file. You must place the ini file in your "C:\Program Files\Cinemar" directory or it will not work. In the ini file you can specify the dimensions of the drawing area and the color of the writing. You can use negative values for leftborder and topborder to draw above and left from the button.

The ini file looks like this (I guess this is self explanatory):

Code: Select all

[Dimensions]
leftborder=0
rightborder=500
topborder=0
bottomborder=300
[Colors]
brushcolor=0x0066CC

The swf, ini file and source are in the zip file. I bought an ini read component for 8$ to do the work for me, so I think you cannot recompile the source without it.

RestrictedArea.png

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Init file is working for me.

Thanks Droezel :D

Ron

Return to “MainLobby Feature Requests”