Sirius plugin?

Have a great idea about how to expand ML - post it here
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:04 pm

It is still on hold while we roll out some other products.

bobbym

Postby bobbym » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:24 pm

I see MLSirius is available for download in beta. I have been waiting for this plugin. I installed it but it is not getting data from the internet. Is there any information on the plugin. Checked Wiki but says it is still in Alpha.

Thanks
Bob M.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:10 pm

yeah, we had a proof of concept prototype, but no significant progress since then. So much to do, so little time.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:26 pm

If there is still some interest in Sirius satellite radio (or HD radio), you can take a look at Tallus radio. This is not a MainLobby plugin as such, it is an executable which can talk through TCP to MLComDevice (or the CQC equivalent), to control and display the results from communicating with the radio (through MJS's Gadgets hardware)...
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:14 pm

I would love to see a sirius plugin that could use the online radio portion of Sirius with the users if and password. The problem here in Canada is the when you signin it prompts you for a captcha picture.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Blade wrote:I would love to see a sirius plugin that could use the online radio portion of Sirius with the users if and password.

You are right that there are many "online radio" options like Sirius, Pandora and so on. But that pretty much require building an audio player, while my goals were more modest by interfacing to actual hardware... ;)

The problem here in Canada is the when you signin it prompts you for a captcha picture.

Likely to prevent people from leaving the feed on 24/7 which amounts to some extra cost in bandwidth or per song usage, which they probably wouldn't like for third party to bypass... ;)
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 pm

I refuse to pay for two subscriptions (one for car and one for home). I do not want to take the unit out of the car to listen to it in the house. Defeats the purpose of having one in the car.

Where there is a will there is a way. I will try and figure it out.

martyt50

Postby martyt50 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Fonceur,

Does/can the Tallus Radio interface with a Main Lobby scene. I would like to have a scene for this application if its at all possible.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:42 pm

Yes, TRadio can interface with a MainLobby scene. That is it's intended purpose. A very basic example comes with it.

martyt50

Postby martyt50 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:11 pm

I've downloaded both the MLComdevice and Tallus radio trials, but I cannot find the basic scene for the application

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Go to the wiki for TRadio and you will see I added a new link to download the application plus the basic starter scene. You can create your own scene with the TRadio variables and the MLServeCmds listed in the wiki.

martyt50

Postby martyt50 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:46 pm

OK So I've been to the Wiki and I have searched and searched and I cannot find a listing of the commands that work for the TRadio. I am using the Sirius portion with Mitch's hardware.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:20 pm

Try looking in the wiki again...the commands are in the example scenes, but now also in the wiki.

http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki/index.p ... pplication

Return to “MainLobby Feature Requests”