Response Please

A Plugin to control Network Media Tank media players
JaySway

Response Please

Postby JaySway » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:10 pm

For the benefit of those who have purchased this plug-in could we please have an update on the status of development?

-will the .iso launching issues be corrected, and when?
-will the UPNP functionality be improved (no duplicate aliases) or, preferrably, replaced with something more stable, and when?

It has been a very long time since we've heard anything official. In fact, the last update I could find was from Oct 29, 2009.

CinemarDave wrote:Sounds like a line from Star Trek II. Weeks, the changes require a far amount of rewriting of the plugin and I'm working on it.

JaySway

Re: Response Please

Postby JaySway » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Can we please have an update? If not, how do I go about receiving a refund?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:01 pm

I will get to this plugin as soon as some higher priority projects are off the list. Hopefully update NMT firmware will give us expenaded capabilities. Won't know until I can test the new firmware. Also there are dozens of new boxes being announced that need looking into.

JaySway

Postby JaySway » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Are you referring to the NMT firmware that was released in December? To save you testing time, that firmware unfortunately does not resolve the .iso launching issue. I get the clear impression that launching .iso's will never be supported via UPNP with the NMT firmware.

Also, does your suggestion of dozens of new boxes coming out indicate that you don't intend to support those of us who purchased and HDX-1000 per your recommendation?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Don't read to much into the words. There are more boxes out there that need looking at and potential support. We will continue to support the HDX.

Also the latest version of the NMT plugin did away with using UPNP to play the media. It uses the commands that are detailed on their forum for launching media via telnet and using the internal player commands. If the launching of .iso's is not working it's because there is probably different syntax required for playing the .iso. Won't know until I did into it. The only thing that UPNP is used for is discovering the devices on the network.

rtarver

Postby rtarver » Tue May 25, 2010 4:33 pm

CinemarDave wrote:I will get to this plugin as soon as some higher priority projects are off the list. Hopefully update NMT firmware will give us expenaded capabilities. Won't know until I can test the new firmware. Also there are dozens of new boxes being announced that need looking into.

Is this still the plan? We haven't heard anything for 4 months..... Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.
Warp Speed now, and don't give me
any of that dilithium crystal crap!!!

Return to “MLNMT”