AUGH! Make it PLAY! Yer killin' me, Smalls!

A Plugin to control Network Media Tank media players
gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: AUGH! Make it PLAY! Yer killin' me, Smalls!

Postby gregoryx » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Thought I'd pop back in with my latest on this.

DVD Lobby is dead.

It is dead because all my movies play from ISOs through the NMT - they're all stored on the storage servers (three of them now - 20T with space for another 25T ready to go 8)). And I can't seem to get ISOs to launch from ML.

I have not been able to get YAMJ fully working; but that's mostly because I'm busy updating NFO and JPG files with Ember right now so that all the YAMJ data isn't total trash. When all that's cleaned up, I'll put more energy to getting ISOs to play from YAMJ.

But I'd sure rather play from ML. :roll:

OTOH, it's so nice to have the direct access to the movies - even with having to click around from YAMJ back to the source to play the ISO - that I'm looking at whether it's better to dump Music Lobby as well and move to something like the ancient Squeeze player I had before I got on this ML stuff. Everything I have in the house has a web interface now - and a bunch of them are full web servers. It's just seeming like "wait for HTML5 for an iPad so that DVD Lobby... er... no... that doesn't work... so..."

You get the point. Perhaps I go WAY back to the silly web interface I had years ago and each link / button takes me to the web GUI for lights (ISY), movies (NMT), music (Squeeze), irrigation (Elk), security (Elk), security cams (Axis)... just leaves out Caller ID (which I think there are already feeds for the boxes I use) and A/V control... maybe I just use web links to ML for that. It's like going back to HomeSeer. Hey! I've got a license or two for that, too... hmm.

rtarver

Postby rtarver » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:32 pm

I've been holding out, and holding out, and holding out. I still get my movies the old fashioned way... I buy them. I pay street price and don't rent from red-box and rip them for a buck. I have nearly the full suite of Cinemar products... I'm sure I'm in for at least $750 bucks of software. Plus another $250 for my NMT; I bought that based on statements here that iso's from nas would work. I have two 777's nearly full and don't want to buy another.

I'm soooo fighting the tempation to just tank all my movie control stuff and get netflix connected to our Wii. Ten bucks a month and I would probably have 95% of my collection. My other option is to go with another software player mounted on a homeseer box (which would hold my cinemar stuff too). But that's another $1000 investment.

Can somebody throw me a lifeline and say 'yes, iso control via nas and nmt is coming' and give me a timeline?

Sad, lonely, and depressed,

Russ
Warp Speed now, and don't give me
any of that dilithium crystal crap!!!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 pm

rerip to Video_TS?
Switch to SageTV / MLSageTV / Sage Extender
Continue to wait for Dave to free up.

Return to “MLNMT”