MLNMT - Plugin for controlling Networked Media Tank devices

A Plugin to control Network Media Tank media players
kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: MLNMT - Plugin for controlling Networked Media Tank devices

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:27 am

Cant get it to work with my devices internal HDD. All mapped shares seem to work AOK.

As a work around I created a network share to the internal HDD on the NMT called HDD, this allows access to the internal HDD.

HTH anyone trying the same thing.

Rgds

Kevin
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:57 am

The internal HDD can only be accessed via a network share because this is how the plugin expects to see all file links. This is meant to be a remote player for DVDLobby and shortly MusicLobby. As such all the media needs to be linked via network shares.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:42 am

I would highly recommend that everyone install and use the NMT Community Software Installer for managing the 3rd party software being installed on the NMT players. It makes installing Telnet a breeze. The next release of the DVDLobby plugin will add the NMT to the list of available remote control options. Should make setting up a NMT in a DVDLobby environment a bit easier.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Dave,

Thanks for the confirmation that a network share is needed on the NMT to access the NMTs internal drive. Took me quite a bit of poking to work out why the same media file on a network share worked and the same file on the internal HDD didn't play.

I have to say I'm impressed with the plug-in. It was easy to get working and seems great thus far.

As for howto set it up in DVDLobby, the following worked for me, <<CUSTOM1>> to map the directory and filename of the movie and the location property to a new play command (one for each share) for each movie in DVDLobby.

In the plugin you need a map for each network share also.

I added twenty or so movies this way, this afternoon. I copied my media streamers remote control page and have a fully functioning remote page up and running. After selecting a movie I used to drop through to a DVD control page, now I have added a conditional statement based on location field and drop to NMT remote page or DVD remote page after choosing to play a movie.

That seems to be all I needed to do. Not tested all of those to see if they play yet but so far been plain sailing.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:09 pm

Great feedback! Internal testing has shown the plugin to be pretty solid too.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Dave,

Found a bug for you, unless the NMT has already selected the share you are trying to access running a movie will fail.

On my NMT I have the following selectedable devices:

HARD_DISK
Network Browser
e drive (network share)
e drive (network share)
e drive (network share)
HDD (network share mapped to access internal drive)

and possibly one or two USB devices.

If the media source isn't set to match the network share the plugin is trying to access you get a cannot play file message. Is this something you can do in the plugin? Or will I need to write a macro for eack location play command to select the correct network share?

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:32 am

For anyone interested here is my macro to work round the network shares issue should you have more than one network share....

The lines of interest are in red, the other stuff changes scenes and selects the relevant inputs and outputs from the video sources to the TVs.

The pauses are there to allow the NMT time to action the commands, under some circumstances the initial delay of 4 secs may not be long enough, this seems media dependant on the NMTs part. If you have lots of DVD images or ISOs you may need to increase the initial delay value.

Works well with AVI, WMV.

If you want to play a DVD image, point to NMT to the VIDEO_TS folder.

Hope this helps.

Macro|
MLServeCmd.MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{clientname}}~\now_selecting.mls!
MLServeCmd.MLAutoPatchHY|ASSIGN~{{tv_name}}~{{dvdchanger}}!
MLGC100|SendIR~Impact_Matrix~In{{dvdchanger}}Out{{tv_name}}

MLNMT|NMT2~Stop!
MLPause|4!
MLNMT|NMT2~Home!
MLPause|3!
MLNMT|NMT2~Source!
MLPause|4!
MLNMT|NMT2~Down!
MLPause|1!
MLNMT|NMT2~Down!
MLPause|1!
MLNMT|NMT2~Down!
MLPause|1!
MLNMT|NMT2~Down!
MLPause|1!
MLNMT|NMT2~Enter!
MLPause|6!
MLNMT|NMT2~Playfile~\\egreat\share\Video{{dvd_custom1}}!
MLPause|5!

MLServeCmd.MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{clientname}}~\now_playing.mls!
MLPause|4!
MLServeCmd.MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{clientname}}~\content\0019\1024x768\0017_egreat_001.mls

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:26 am

Dave,

Couple of issues with accessing large single files (iso, img) on my system 2 Gb+ in size. The dreaded cannot play file. MKV files play over 2 GB, 7.7 Gb biggest tried thus far. These files work OK when accessed from the NMT.

Using a network share for the internal HDD, screws up playback on larger files, ISO, IMG etc...

These were accessed via the NMT through the share rather than the HDD. If selected from the internal HDD via the NMT they playback fine. When accessed via the network share playback is stuttering and in most cases no Audio can be heard.

Not directly an issue with the plugin but if the only way to access a connected device to the NMT is via setting up a network share it limits available functionality to files smaller than 2Gb.
Last edited by kgudge on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 am

Dave,

Apologies for posting so many negative sounding posts, I really like this plugin, as per my earlier posts, it works great. It is probably the easiest plugin I have ever used.

Having said that found another gotcha, a file or directory name with an apostrophe - ' causes the dreaded cannot play message. No biggie just thought it would help someone else.

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:53 am

Just got myself a popcorn hour a-110, but the discovery of a new device does not work:

Code: Select all

DiscoverDevices Error #429 - ActiveX component can't create object

Any ideas?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:07 am

What OS? What version of MLServer? Any other errors? Best I can guess right now is that you are on a OS that doesn't have UPNP drivers loaded.

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:35 am

I'm running on Windows Server 2003 (has no upnp support I think). Any way to add devices manually?

MLServer is on version 3.75.39...

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:31 am

Windows Server 2003 does not provide support for UPNP. You can add it by following the instructions posted here. Depending on which version of 2003 you are running you'll need a copy of the Windows XP install CD for either 32 or 64 bit.

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:38 pm

OK, thx, that got me a bit further. Now UPNP is working, it is detecting my homeseer installation, but it isn't finding my PCH-A110 wich has telnet installed. Any services that have to be running on the NMT?

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:45 am

Got it working now!

I have a request to add a new command to have the NMT navigate to an internal or external URL. Quote from the NMT Telnet Wiki:

Telling Gaya to navigate to an URL

You can instruct Gaya - the HTML browser and responsible for the main user interface - to navigate to an external or internal URL.

echo -n "http://localhost:8883/start.cgi" >> /tmp/gaya_bc

I'm using NMTServer for a dynamic YAMJ movie and series database. I can instruct the NMT trough telenet to open the NMTServer interface with this command. So it would be nice to have something like this:

MLNMT|NMT1~Navigate~http://10.111.0.2:88

Return to “MLNMT”