Remove Specific Song from Playlist

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
bpet

Remove Specific Song from Playlist

Postby bpet » Wed May 08, 2013 3:00 pm

When my front door camera detects motion, MLServer appends and plays two small songs clips (chimes) in MusicLobby, and changes the wall mounted mainlobby screen to the Front Door camera mls. Can anyone think of a good way to then remove those two songs from the current playlist? I devised my own method based on the song position of the current song that was being played and removed the next two songs...but its very glitchy. I think a great solution would be a way to search the current playlist for the song title and then remove all occurrences of that song title. Is that possible? or any other solutions are welcome :)

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Remove Specific Song from Playlist

Postby ronsatter » Wed May 08, 2013 4:28 pm

bpet wrote:When my front door camera detects motion, MLServer appends and plays two small songs clips (chimes) in MusicLobby, and changes the wall mounted mainlobby screen to the Front Door camera mls. Can anyone think of a good way to then remove those two songs from the current playlist? I devised my own method based on the song position of the current song that was being played and removed the next two songs...but its very glitchy. I think a great solution would be a way to search the current playlist for the song title and then remove all occurrences of that song title. Is that possible? or any other solutions are welcome :)

Searching the NowPlaying list for a specific song is not possible with ML's normal MusicLobby search routines.

How about creating a unique playlist with just the two chime clips called "Chimes".

The camera motion detection triggers a play command for the playlist "Chimes" ... which obviously stops the "NowPlaying" playlist ... then issue a command to start playing the original playlist again 5 secs after the "Chimes" playlist ends. You could set an MLTimer for the length of the "Chimes" playlist plus 5 seconds to re-start the original playlist.

Granted, the original playlist would not continue from where it left off before the motion detection ... but that's one alternative.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

bpet

Re: Remove Specific Song from Playlist

Postby bpet » Wed May 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks Ron,
Maybe I can use a combination of using the playlist and still using some of my original position macro so that I can recall the original playlist and go to the original position...since the hardest part was the deleting, which would no longer be an issue using the playlists...

Thanks again!

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”