Fix DB issue

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Fix DB issue

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:30 am

I added a folder to my muisc library in the Musiclobby plugin (christmas music) and no longer want it there. So I removed the folder in music lobby, yet the songs remain. So moved all the music to a different location on the drive, yet all the thumbs remain, though the show something else when you select the thumb. How do I get read of all these thumbs that no longer exist?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fix DB issue

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:14 pm

You need to run the "Remove Dead Tracks" option from the MLMusicLobby menu. This will take out the songs that are no longer in the library.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:23 pm

That doesn't work. Ran it several times.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Capture.PNG

That's all it does.. I don't see it actually process anything.
edit: it does say complete after a while, but I show the same amount of thums in the thumb viewer in ML.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:07 pm

For now, I loaded a virgin music.mdb and music.ldb that i kept which has all my sources already setup. That seems to be importing correctly. However remove dead tracks doen't seem to be doing the trick. Does the db track the location? perhaps if you remove a location \\music\holiday it could strip those from the db automatically and relad the image cache? Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Did you try running it from the menu option inside the MLMusicLobby plugin? I know it worked there.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Thats where i ran it from. There are two options; compact and remove dead tracks

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:22 pm

A few updates. I've been testing various scenarios and have been able to keep a cleaner db, but can't figure out the following:

The CLIENT that runs on the same machine as the server refuses to update one particular cover. It shows a bob marley pic in the thumbs view with data for "The Band". When I click the thumb of Bob marley to get to the track view it shows the correct thumb for "the band" as well as track and data for "The Band"

ALL other clients (6 of them) show the correct thumbs and data for the above without issue. No matter how many times I restart ML server, initialize, refresh album art, clear cache, scan, remove dead tracks, and bark like a dog -- no change - Why ONLY on the client running on the same machine as the server??

One particular set of albums by Jimmy buffet I removed. I made sure to show all folders and files, hidden or not and it surely does not exist. Yet the thumbs view still shows it as a valid album (no cover though). Now when I click that thumb, it brings up some random album.

I have NOT restarted the whole server (reboot) - is there something that gets flushed I am missing? :?

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:41 pm

After forcing the system to refresh album art covers, seems it's holding on to old covers by the old referenced name, and not flushing or deleting them, thus creating "ghost" thumbs for albums that don't exist. Does the remove dead tracks also flush image references that no longer have an album?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:58 am

When MusicLobby creates a new album it uses the existing album art if one exists matching the album id. When you flush the database it does not flush the existing album art. You should manually delete the existing artwork in the Images\Music folders prior to a full re-import.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Did that again. Same result. Cleared all the images. It insists upon adding a album for which no image or tracks exist. I can watch it do it in ML worker. I suppose I can start with a virgin copy of the db or manually delete from the music.mdb -- but it shouldn't do that.

Any any explanation why the client running on the server pc does something different than remote clients? (se prev post)

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Art,

Not sure if you have tried this:

Take a look in Content Manager for the album in question, see if it has the correct album art ... you can manually update the reference ID and the CM will retrieve the correct artwork.

Sometimes I forget that Content Manager data can cleanup many of the dead track / wrong cover art problems.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:10 am

I must have been living under a rock. Where is the content manager for music?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:23 am

People are mixing V3 and V4. Only in V4 do you get Content Management. I do not have a good answer for you issue without looking at it directly.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:38 pm

I don't want to burn you time on something in a dated version. I'll re-import on a virgin DB and see if it goes away pending your decision. My intent is only to find any issues that may have translated into v4. If looking at my data helps that, by all means shoot me an e-mail to remote in.

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”