Play remote sources using channel asignments?

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
freak69

Play remote sources using channel asignments?

Postby freak69 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi,

If I run MLserver on the same PC as the soundcard, everything works fine. MLMusiclobby behaves itself and I can select to use for example the rear speakers to play setereo sound (front ones are used by homeseer speech).

If however I run it where its supposed to be on a remote server and select a remote source using the clientsvc service, I can only output to the default speakers as this app doesnt give me any choice in the matter. Anyone know of any tricks to this? Will the rumoured new audio app for ML4 be able to do this?
Also when playing through a remote app, I dont get any updates on my screen i.e. the progress bar, time elapsed does not move. Is this normal too?

Thanks
Paul

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Play remote sources using channel asignments?

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:26 pm

When you use the ClientSvc program for remote audio zones you will only get sound from the default speakers. This is by design. Feedback for MusicLobby comes back through the MLClentSvc plugin itself. If you are not seeing the feedback then make sure you have configured the remote client in the MLClientSvc plugin.

In the V4 world the new A/V Agent that replaces ClientSvc will have the capability of defining individual audio channels. See the attached image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

freak69

Postby freak69 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:56 am

now thats nice. Is this available yet?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:41 am

Not ready yet, but close. I need to add in the media player support. Won't be too much longer.

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”