Why are all the images still wrong!!

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Why are all the images still wrong!!

Postby Art Dustman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 am

If anyone can enlighten me...

I have tried tacking this on my own since April, but I'm not getting anywhere. I have approx 7000 songs I spent a great deal of time fixing covers and tags. I have noticed that after adding songs, Musiclobby gets "confused" and starts mixing up album covers.

For example: the thumbs page shows an album cover for a recently added or fixed album, but clicking on that album brings up the correct thumb (viewing tracks). Sometimes this is in the reverse, showing correct on the thumbs, but wrong when you are selecting tracks.

My setup: All music sits on a RAID array on a separate server where Itunes is pointed. Music lobby also points to the same location. Itunes is NOT setup to organize music... so the music only resides on that folder. No other folders are setup in music lobby.

What helped (somewhat). Fixed in itunes, shut down mlserver, removed music.mdb & ldb, introduced a "virgin" copy I made so I don't have to rework all my sources, started mlserver, pointed to music folder, rescanned.

This still has issues. Can anyone tell me why this happens and a way to fix it, and make sure it doesn't happen and/or a maintenance routine that will *really* fix it. What should I do if I change stuff in itunes? Will music lobby pickup those changes or do I have to rebuild musiclobby everytime I fix a cover or tag... uggghhhh :(

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why are all the images still wrong!!

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 am

Everything MusicLobby imports comes directly from the embedded tags in the songs. There are five key tags. 1) the Compilation flag; 2) the Album Artist tag; 3) the Track Artist Tag; 4) the Album Name tag and 5) the Track Name tag. If the Compilation flag is set, or the music track resides in a folder containing the name "various artists" then the album artist is set to "Various Artists" otherwise it will use the Album artist tag if it exists and finally the Track Artist tag. If there are no tags in the file then the folder the track resides in is used as the album name and the parent folder to that is used as the artist name.

As for images. When the song gets imported Musiclobby looks to see if there is a file called "cover.jpg" or "album.jpg" in the same folder as the song. If one exists then it is used as the album cover art. If no jpeg files exist then if the song contains embedded cover art the first embedded image is used.

With all that said it is impossible to comment on your issue without seeing it first hand. At it's core it has to boil down to the embedded tags. If you were to point me to some specific examples I could remote in and look. iTunes has a check box that says something like "Automatically rearrange my music files" I have noticed that when that is checked off it can dramatically screw up your Musiclobby imports since iTunes starts moving tracks outside of their normal folders. I always keep that option unchecked.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Re: Why are all the images still wrong!!

Postby Art Dustman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:59 pm

I sent you a e-mail.

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”