Duplicates killin me

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Duplicates killin me

Postby Art Dustman » Mon May 16, 2011 4:57 pm

I have moved my music files 4 times, with the final resting place now on my mass storage server. I have removed all instances to the old locations in musiclobby plugin, but the plugin insists on showing me every copy that ever existed. When I open a track I know there is only one copy of, mainlobby shows it 3 to 4 times. Short of starting over, I have forced a folder scan, remove dead tracks, compact... nada I opened the music mdb file and it shows all the old files and old locations. How do I clean this up?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Duplicates killin me

Postby DavidL » Mon May 16, 2011 5:55 pm

You can delete the music.mdb and start the new repository of your music.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Tue May 17, 2011 7:16 am

There has to be a correct way to do this. That means I have to rework all of my sources, settings, client specific settings and such whenever music won't delete out of the db properly? :evil:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 17, 2011 9:19 am

When you "remove dead tracks" are the paths to the old music still valid? If you copy all your music from point A to point B but leave the originals in point A then the remove dead tracks will still see them as valid and the tracks will not be removed. Is this the case?

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Tue May 17, 2011 10:02 am

That would be it. I haven't verified all the tracks are moved and consolidated properly, so I left them as backup copies. Figured since the path was removed from musiclobby, it would no longer be valid. Guess the database doesn't care if it's still a valid location in musiclobby. I'll have to remember that.

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”