DMR Backfill command failing

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

DMR Backfill command failing

Postby ronsatter » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Dave,

I decided to delete my MUL data base file and rebuild the library. The import process executed correctly, but the backfill process threw errors immediately. Here's a screenshot of the error entries:
Image1.jpg

Any ideas?

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DMR Backfill command failing

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:55 am

Yes that is due to a recent change. We are working on the update.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Thnx Dave. Questions about DMR updates: (when it is working correctly)

1. MLMusicLobby|RefreshAMGData

Whenever I issue this command, I would expect to see this entry ProcessCommand: ProcessBackFill in the MLWorker agent. Sometimes it appears within a few seconds and sometimes not at all. I see it logged in the agent periodically throughout the day, so I assume it is quering the website for updates to new Artist/Album entries, but the agent never shows what specific Artist/Albums it is looking for. I would expect that if the backfill command returned no data for a specific Artist/Album on it's initial pass through the newly created database, that it would persist in trying to add the missing data on subsequent scans and log entries as to what was updated. Is this correct?

2. I realize that sometimes the backfill is not accomplished because of incorrect tagging in the file. I see the usual "Cannot find" entry in the agent. But it seems that even after tag corrections, the refresh doesn't import Artist Bio, Similar Artists, ect. That's why I occasionally delete the entire database and start fresh with the AMG data import. It seems to be the only way to solve this problem. Have you experienced this?

3. Does Amazon ever update this data? I seems like Similar Artist data never changes. I have used this AMG subscription for 2+ years, and rarely see a change in any of the data.

Ron

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:47 am

CinemarDave wrote:Yes that is due to a recent change. We are working on the update.

In the meantime, I was wondering how to recover the AMG data from an older mdb file and import it into the current music mdb file? I have MDB Viewer Plus, which allows me to do imports of tables, but I have no idea what tables to import. Is this possible?

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:50 am

I am nearly finished with the MLWorker Agent update that will restore the backfill operations. Trying to import the data from the old MDB would be a considerable amount of work.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:37 pm

Thanks Dave.

earcandy

Postby earcandy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Any progress on this? This problem has been hanging out there for a few months now.

Thanks for any updates.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Just wondering how this update is coming along? I have 16 days before my subscription is up. Do to my constant tinkering, I had to delete my database and start over, course now it will not backfill with AMG data.

Chad

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 am

Almost there. If your subscription lapses before we get a chance to push out the update just let me know. I will extend it by the amount of time you have been waiting. In fact, if it is possible to zip your music.mdb file small enough so that it can be email I'd love to test it with the upgrade to see how it works. This holds true for anyone else reading this post. Email to dave at cinemaronline dot com.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Tue May 03, 2011 10:34 am

Dave,

I'll see tonight if it can be zipped small enought to e-mail. I'm not to worried about it expiring I'm pretty sure I will renew it when it goes on sale again. (How about a Memorial Day Sale. Hint, Hint)

On another note will MLServer 4 use the worker agent? If it doesn't I say don't fix it just keep working on the new release.

Chad

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 03, 2011 10:38 am

In MLServer there is no Worker Agent. Since every component in MLServer is multi-threaded individual applets and drivers can do things in the background. So no need for a separate agent. Send the music databases if you can.

earcandy

Postby earcandy » Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm

My database is too big to send via email. Any ETA on this?

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”