Startup for MLMusicLobby Hangs

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Startup for MLMusicLobby Hangs

Postby DavidL » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Which other plugin for future reference? MLMediaCenter? MLMusic?

dbraus

Postby dbraus » Fri May 13, 2011 8:50 pm

I am experiencing the same problem - MLServer hangs while trying to start musiclobby. It is running on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 and I have tried every combination possible of settings for default audio/recording devices and every combination of disabling the same. Any other suggestions on other system issues that can keep the newest version of Musiclobby loading? When removed from plugins or disabled in the .ini, everything loads fine.

Thanks much, DNB.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat May 14, 2011 7:19 am

Disable MusicLobby plugin. Leave all else registered. If the server starts up, then the existence of the sound card driver is suspect. I believe you are saying this already.

Is UAC turned off and the system rebooted since that change? Not sure all that UAC messes with, but its common problem. You might even have to reinstall MLServer after a UAC change.

dbraus

Postby dbraus » Sat May 14, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks and I am saying that all works fine if I disable or remove Musiclobby plugin. Have never had UAC on so that would also not be an issue. Using the on-board sound system and tried it with both the Nvidia HD drivers as well as the Realtek drivers (Realtek chip set) to see if it liked one or the other without luck. Any other kind of testing you can recommend? Thanks, DNB.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat May 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Make sure the Windows default sound card has a pair of speakers attached to it. Also make sure there are no disabled sound devices. Go into the control panel sound applet and right-click on the device list and select "show disabled devices". If there are any enable them. The first time MusicLobby runs it is going to try to attach itself to the default sound cards front channel speakers. If this gets you no where set up LogMeIn and let me remote in to see what it going on.

dbraus

Postby dbraus » Sun May 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Still no luck and have everthing enabled. Also plugged in headphones to fill every plug on the motherboard soundsystem even though it is set to stereo. It has six audio ports, for up to 8 channel (Evga x58 motherboard), including line-in, frontspeaker out, mic in (have a mic plugged in), center subwolfer, rear speaker out and side speaker out, and again, all filled.

I will take you up on your kind offer to dial in and will PM you the credentials shortly. Thanks so much for the assistance, DNB

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun May 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Sometimes you overlook the obvious when thinking about what the problem would be. In this instance it was an old version of MLServer (3.0.591) that was running and needed to be upgraded to the latest version (3.75.222).

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”