Wish List

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wish List

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:07 am

The variable has been there since the initial release. Just missed documenting it in the Wiki. There may be some lingering issues where this variable is being overlooked. I'm looking at it.

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Variable listing the TOTAL songs in the library. So we can display; Total Songs in Library: {{Music_TotalSongs}}

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Statistical Data Variable Request:

Total CDs
Total Songs

(Varias Variables based on the DVDLobby concept)

music_percentfull
music_total_songs
music_total_albums (this one is already there and working properly I believe)
music_total_available_remaining
music_total_hddspace

Space :mrgreen:

jmort

Postby jmort » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:47 pm

I have a request - When searching by song title, the return list just provides name & artist. I would like to see the option to add the album name to the list as well. I have many albums with the same song name and artist, so this gets very confusing when trying to pick the right version. That's my 2 cents - Thanks!

search results.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:16 pm

re: add song name
without me looking, I would think you could add that by editing the label that currently shows the album / artist.
One of the nice things about MusicLobby375

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:53 pm

DavidL wrote:re: add song name
without me looking, I would think you could add that by editing the label that currently shows the album / artist.
One of the nice things about MusicLobby375

I don't think adding the album name by editing or appending the the label field is possible. The "Search Song" filter only populates a list of variables like this:

{{music_search_item1_value_{{clientname}}}}

{{music_search_item2_value_{{clientname}}}}

and so on ...

We would need a variable something like this:

{{music_search_item1_songalbum_{{clientname}}}}

which could be placed in the label field, so you would have something like this:

{{music_search_item1_value_{{clientname}}}} - {{music_search_item1_songalbum_{{clientname}}}}

By the way, the "value" part of the variable {{music_search_item1_value_{{clientname}}}} contains the song name and the artist name as a hard coded character string. It's not open to cut & paste manipulation.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:04 am

Variable Requests:

Refresh Coverart Progress Variable or Counter. When you click this button it would be handy to see the progress visually so you know when it is complete.

Music Library Cleanup Variable: Shows how many old songs were cleaned out. After say 10 seconds of finishing the variable defaults to 0 so the message can disappear....like you do for search results summary.

Search Results Summary set to a default 0 so we can actually make it disappear and reappear.

Music Library Reread variable to show the current status of a scene activated re-read.

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:32 am

Parental Control And Lyrics

Just had an interesting request from a client I was demoing for. A way to delete or flag as "no play" so parents can, if they choose, lock and delete inappropriate songs from ever being played. Why? After thinking about it some more there are a lot of cd's out today with warning labels of explicit lyrics and songs with profanity in them that parents (me being one) may not want to have their kids playing on the house music system. As a parent the more I think about it the more it has validity to it. We do it for movies....why not music too.

Lyrics like cd review. Same client observation was it would be handy to see sometimes exactly what those lyrics are. Sort of fits hand in hand with the above but in general lyrics options would be a cool novelty.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Change PlayPlaylist command when Shuffle turned on

Postby simonmason » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:12 pm

I am triggering playlists remotely (through HomeSeer). When I use the PlayPlaylist command, and shuffle is turned on (which it is most of the time in my setup), MuL always plays the first song in the playlist. This is a little irritating because you end up hearing the same song each time you load the playlist. I tried issuing the NextNowPlayingTrack after loading the playlist but it is not quick enough and the first song plays for a couple of seconds before it switches to the next song!

Another vote for cross-fade. I am still keeping my J. River playback going until there is a cross-fade. The wife didn't approve of this going missing!
Simon D. S. Mason

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:31 pm

MusicLobby 3.75 , great product . would like to have a way to edit the data, so when you import music and have the wrong information you can edit and update the data base to correct error. thank you louis

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:24 am

One thing confusing about the logic in MusicLobby is that the playlist window does not display the actual playback order when in shuffle mode - it displays the order of the playlist as saved on the disk. I think the best model for this is the way J. River handles it. They store the playlist and the playback in two separate places. Then when you load a playlist the playback window shows the actual order the songs are going to play in. An added bonus of this approach is that the "Add as Next to Play" works.

Despite the fact that there is a display for the next song that will be played, I find this approach confusing for the end user as they invariably look at the playlist window to see what song is next.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Request for a new command:

Remove duplicate tracks from playlist.
Simon D. S. Mason

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:13 pm

I know I requested this some where but clearly not in the wish list section.....

I need support for both the current ALBUM and TRACK artist name variables (ie; {{music_currenttrackartistname_*}}).

Today I made the change from using local FLAC files to m4a files from our server. I was really excited when I saw some of the "collection" CDs showing the proper artist and not "Various Artists" only to be disappointed later when I observed it wasn't always the case. Searching further into the matter showed that when the m4a file contains "Various Artists" in the Album Artist field then Track Artist is ignored. MuL is still working as always, this just exposed the software I'm using to convert from FLAC to m4a had a bug at one point and wasn't properly pulling the Album Artist.

So, the quick "fix" is to have MuL use the Track Artist instead of the Album Artist when provided in the {{music_currentartistname_*}} variable instead of the Album Artist taking priority over Track Artist. And a more complete "fix" would then add variables for {{music_currenttrackartistname_*}} and {{music_currentalbumartistname_*}} for those that prefer to make the distinction themselves.

I hope all of that made sense....

Thanks!

- Jeff

dyenamic

Postby dyenamic » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Would be really nice to have ASIO audio output support. This would allow a wide range of external multi-channel audio devices to be used, e.g. ESI Gigaport AG for multi-zone audio output. I previously used this with jriver playback options on prior versions of musiclobby.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 am

DaveP,
Any update on enabling ClientService agents to render multiple zones of audio? Certainly opens up installation flexibility.
Thanx

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”