Wish List

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:26 pm

Dave,

Perhaps the answer is MUL smart lists which have a few filters that most people like. A good shuffle is the first step.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:23 am

• Refresh cover art for just one album.
  • add songs to the playlist without having each song play when I select to add it to the playlist
  • AddNowPlayingPlay should add it and play
  • Can the AppendNowPlaying be changed or a new call added that just appends and DOES NOT play
  • Maybe have AppendAlbumNowPlaying and AppendAlbumNowPlayingAndPlay

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:15 pm

CinemarDave wrote:The current shuffle algorithm is simply pick a random number between 1 and the number of elements in the playlist and play it. So you have a 1 in N chance of hearing the same song.

I'll implement the standard Fisher-Yates shuffle in a future release. This will ensure you'll never hear the same song twice. But then someone will want to implement the option where the shuffle has to be random but favor a certain artist. The permutations will never stop.

I'm not certain about favoring an artist, but a "Smart Playlist" / Filter which would use the song rating system would make that possible. See my prior post where the smart playlist is selected based on the rating system:
~mix=9999,
40%,{[Rating]=5},
25%,{[Rating]=4},
15%,{[Rating]=3},
10%,{[Rating]=2},
5%,{[Rating]=1},
5%,{[Rating]<1}
~nodup=[Artist],[Name]
~sort=Random

I would think a simple version of this could be created for MuL .... Just a simple rule based interface where you "add"/"remove" the rules. Things like Genre, Date (=, >, <, between, etc), "total songs", Rating Mix (% of 0-5 stars), Ratings => X, etc....

I think this helps because those popular artists are picked up more frequently. For MC13 I changed the mix to "9999" songs because I got tired of hearing my wife's favorite artist(s) so much.... it was originally ~250 songs...

Just a thought.....

Thanks!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:49 pm

To add to the list;

1. The ability to disable a source, thus making it not available from the touch screen for selection.

2. The ability to control the "remove from playlist" setting for each individual source.

3. The ability to control how a CD is indexed when being ripped. This may fix the various artist issue if contained on one CD.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:16 pm

Dave can you elaborate on item #3? How did your CD get indexed.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Dave;

I have had several CD's at this point import with a seperate "AlbumID" due to the track "ArtistID" apparently being different. This I think is what is causing most of the issues in the import logic, as many other are reporting.

Some CD's (new ones) do a better job when entering the track data. The older CD's did a poor job, because at that point, no one was attempting to catalog the data.

It would be nice to have some import control optons. It would be even nicer to have more fields available to see what the import will look like prior to hitting the import (or rip) button. Along with that, you could make some adjustments in grouping and so on.

I my case, the tracks all got issued a different AlbumID, and thus they show up, in some cased 18 times in cover art view, which makes a huge mess of the touch screen dieplays. Multiply this by 10 or so albums that have done this, and I have pages and pages of the same album cover showing.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:02 pm

I my case, the tracks all got issued a different AlbumID, and thus they show up, in some cased 18 times in cover art view, which makes a huge mess of the touch screen dieplays. Multiply this by 10 or so albums that have done this, and I have pages and pages of the same album cover showing.

OUCH! Where's the blender?

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Daveb all makes sense. I'll add some editing options so you can tweak the fields before the rip starts.

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Radio Streams:

Ability to sort by kb stream size. I personally am manually deleting everything below 128K as they sound like junk. Can the back end MusicLobby stream tab sort by KP size and then mass deletion option for everything under a certain KB.

An easier way to add radio streams. Some instructions on how Dave got the stream links and from where. There are tonnes of them. Some tool that allows you to search for streams and then MusicLobby automatically adds them?

I am finding a lot of streams that don't stream. Not sure about this but perhaps some way of MLWorker checking if the stream is active or not? Perhaps "RED" means stream is not availalbe.

Ability to export/import the Radio Stream list. For me this is so I can get rid of the junk and then export the clean list and then import that same list into client's systems.

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:58 am

Variable Change Request

From

{{music_Search_Item1_value_{{clientname}}}}

To

{{music_Search_Item1_artist_{{clientname}}}}
{{music_Search_Item1_album_{{clientname}}}}

Right now it includes "artist - album" as the value. Splitting the value gives more "design" flexiblity.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Good idea Kevin. I agree.

Ron

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Make the VU meter a tri-color meter with the ability to expand the scale. Make the actual dB per channel a variable. I know this is the finer stuff, but it is time.... :D
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Wish List

Postby kevind » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:11 am

Dave,

Options->Client Specific Settings (request)

First just bear with me on this because sometimes it is difficult to put into words what would be simple to show.

Request
Expand "wildcard" clientname ability for all "clientnames" inside the plugin (not just _Default). The current "wildcard" is "_Default" so anything EXCEPT specified input clientnames has all the default variables; image sizes, amounts etc etc. If we could have "SomethingConstant_SomethingUnique" that would allow us integrators to easily deploy scene resolutions across multiple clients and sync them up with the correct theme/screen resoltuion without having to input each clientname individully that does not meet the _Default requirements. As I said bear with me. This may not be important at all to a lot of folks out there but to an installation company this would simplify deployment.

Example

Let's say we have an install where we have 5 mainlobby clients; 2 are 800x480 3 are 1024x768 resolution. We obviosly create two themes for these two resolutions and as such these two themes have different requirements for thumbnail sizing, amount of albums to display etc due to available real estate on the screen. Under the current design 2 of the clientnames (myclient1 and myclient2 or whatever) are individualy input as new entries in the plugin and the other 3 remaining clients use the _Default variable settings. Make sense so far?

If we could name a client SomethingConstant_SomethingUnique and all clients with the "SomethingConstant" in it automatically match to the correct variable settings this would elminate the need to have to input individual entries for each client that does not conform to the "_Default" variables: 800x480_kitchen, 800x480_theatre would both pick up a single entry in the plugin related to 800x480 screen resolution requirements....clientname = 800x480_ . Under this kind of change a clientname could be anything like....nobu_kitchen, nobu_theatre and then in the plugin you put a single entry "nobu_".

Make sense?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:10 am

Kevin, you have that solution today. It exists in the form of the {{system_clienttype_{{Clientname}}}} server variable.

To use it do the following.

First let's assume you have two different sized displays you need to code for. We'll call the 800x480 THEME1 and the 1024x768 THEME2.

In MusicLobby define a "client" called THEME1 and THEME2 and set the defaults to whatever they need to be.

Now for each client that is going to be part of that theme modify the startup macro on the home scene to define the theme in use. On your 800x480 devices you would put in

SetVariable|system_clienttype_{{Clientname}}~THEME1

and that's it. Regardless of the true clients name as long as this variable is defined it will pick up it's defaults from that theme.

This only works in MusicLobby today but it will be rolled into DVDLobby and PhotoLobby very soon.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:36 am

Thanks Dave. That's very handy info. It pays to read the forums.

And thanks to Kevin for the original question/suggestion.

By the way Dave ... did this variable {{system_clienttype_{{Clientname}}}} surface in the latest MLServer upgrade? I never heard of it before.

Ron

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”