MusicLobby 3.75 Public Release

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:25 pm

CinemarDave wrote:If you consider the existing music, Internet, and 4 sound card inputs we essentially have a 6 in 16 out switch. Let's see how this works before we start adding more inputs.

Dave - So where does iTunes and the iTunes module fall into this? Sorry if this is asked and explained elsewhere.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:53 pm

MusicLobby375 replaces the iTunes "module" and doesn't require iTunes at all. ML375 has it's own database (currently mdb), playlist capability, audio renderer and soon ripping.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:00 pm

So with that info, I guess I need to point the playlist file location at my XML playlists created in iTunes. So far, the only music picked up on my home server has been from every other source other than iTunes. 90% of my music is in iTunes.

More playing around towmorrow night - I need sleep!!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:56 am

It's getting better - my iTunes is partially working. My issues are that I, over time, have accumulated 4 iTunes libraries all over my network. Many have duplicate tracks. I need to seriously clean that mess up first, put it all in one library and location. Only then will ML be happy.

DaveP - I guess a next logical implementation would be to integrate XM/Sirius Lobby somehow into ML 3.75?? That would be real cool.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Alain

Postby Alain » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:29 am

Dave P.,

Referring to my email yesterday, it looks like on both Vista PCs, the MuL plugin doesn't get a chance to initialize completely when loaded by MLServer. Can I look at anything, a script, a configuration file or a startup log, so that we can narrow down the problem? Could it be related to the license registration process - see last point in my email?

Thanks.

Alain

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Alain, if the MusicLobby plugin is not initializing properly then I'd need to see it. Instead of randomly trying to get it to work on various PCs why don't you concentrate on getting it to work on one PC. Set up LogMeIn and let me look.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:28 pm

Version 3.75.163 of both the MusicLobby plugin and client scenes are available for download.

This release should resolve issues some people have had with jittery playback.

It also adds a new command for playing playlists by name. The command is MLMusicLobby|Source~PlayPlaylist~PlaylistName. This command will clear the current now playing selections and start playing the specified playlist.

Also, this version introduces support for network CD ripping. See attached screen shot. You can access the new scene from the Settings scene. To use the CD Ripper you will need the optional ClientSvc plugin and application.

Make sure you update to the latest versions of MLServer (3.75.31), MLMusicLobby (3.75.163), MLClientSvc (3.75.160) and ClientSvc (3.75.10) before you run the CD Ripper. Ripping can take place on any PC on your network and you control the ripping from a MainLobby client. CDs are ripped to MP3 format using the Lame Encoder using VBR or CBR settings defined in the ClientSvc app. See the MusicLobby wiki for more detail.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Dave,

Do you need MLDMR for CD ripping?

Thanx
J.J. Jukebox

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:38 pm

Only if you want / need the additional AMG meta data. CD Ripper will function in "basic" mode without it. Meaning you get mp3s with Artist / Album / Track tag info including embedded cover art if found.

ricks

Postby ricks » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:03 am

Hi Dave,

Sorry if I appear confused... I am. It's late.

It says you need clientsvc for network ripping. How about local ripping? Still need clientsvc or this won't do local ripping?

Also, the ripper only does mp3's or the ripper only does mp3's in the basic package and can do other formats with the DMR package?

Thanks,
Rick

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:41 am

This opens up all new possibilities.

So what is the general oppinion out there; will most simply rip to MP3, and then link the MP3 library and seperate iTunes library both to Music Lobby for distribution through the home, or do you Rip everything to iTunes, and then only link that library to Music Lobby??

In my home, everything is fairly iTunes specific since we all have iPods, and want the ability to carry the full music library with us.

The great thing is that now, you have all of these combinations available.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:58 am

Not sure where "iTunes" fits in other than to provide music to your iPhone / iPod.

The library is MusicLobby.375 music.mdb and is not associated with iTunes.

The music itself can be indexed by both MusicLobby and the iTunes application.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:28 am

The basic ripper will support mp3 only. The enhanced ripper, which gets enabled if you have MLDMR installed will allow for ripping in higher bit rates and ripping in other formats including lossless. (The enhanced ripper is not enabled in this release)

In all circumstances you will need ClientSvc installed (even locally) since that is the application that is doing the ripping.

This release of ClientSvc also has some changes to the remote souce playing logic. It continues to function well here as a remote MusicLobby source.

A couple of users have reported getting an ActiveX 438 error when launching the newest MusicLobby. Make sure you update MLServer too. If you do not install MLServer 3.75.31 with this release you will get the ActiveX error.

itanic
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby itanic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 am

CinemarDave wrote:In all circumstances you will need ClientSvc installed (even locally) since that is the application that is doing the ripping.

I don't rip from my ServerPC so I don't belive I need the agent, but did try to install local copy anyway but it would not connect. I tried using the IP address and also localhost without luck. Other PC connect just fine.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:09 am

Did you restart MLServer after defining PCs in MLClientSvc? Sometimes it requires a restart. If there are no connections then something is blocking on port 6292.

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”