MusicLobby 3.75 Public Release

Questions comments and suggestions for MusicLobby 3.75
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:03 pm

There was a problem with the shopping cart links. All is well now.

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:57 am

For those of us who have previously purchased an upgraded 3 additional zones can we get upgrade pricing on the 3 additional zone package for MuL 3.75?

Rick

PS. Dave, thanks for solving the problem... whatever it was :D

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Just purchase additional 3 source upgrades until you have purchased enough to cover your zones.

Alain

Postby Alain » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Mario and Dave,

Great job! I'm going to buy it and migrate to Music Lobby.

Question: I have the MLDMR subscription for DVDLobby. Is it the same? If so, where do I find the CD rip utility?

Alain

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Yes, MLDMR is same. No rip utility yet for CDs incorporated into MusicLobby3.75 yet.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Ripping will be controlled via the web interface to MusicLobby and those pages are not ready yet.

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Let me re-state the pricing question because I'm not sure I understand the answer. :?

So MuL 3.75 costs $100 and the upgrade from MuL 3 to MuL 3.75 costs $40. So to get MuL 3.75 with 3 zones it would cost me $40 to upgrade. That part's easy.

Now, I have an additional 3 zones from the old MuL 3. In the same manner I will need 3 additional zones for MuL 3.75, so do I pay $100 for those 3 additional zones as decsribed on the purchase page? Or do I pay $40 for those 3 additional zones since they are also an upgrade? If so, how do I do that?

Clear as mud, right?

Rick

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:47 pm

If you previously owned 9 MusicLobby 3.x zones you would need to purchase 3 MusicLobby 3.75 upgrades at $40 each for a total upgrade price of $120.

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Thanks!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:21 pm

I released a minor update tonight. Version 3.75.151 of the MusicLobby plugin and client scenes are available for download. I found a couple of server variables that were not being set properly on the Now Playing scene. There is no need to overwrite your database. Just update the plugin.

mwebster
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mwebster » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:27 am

Some questions -

Version 3 is very slow to load for me. Has this been improved?

The example scenes look good, but I can't figure out from them how zones are switched. Is this ability in the default scenes or would I need to add it?

Have or will the 0019 scenes be updated for the new musiclobby?

Is the zone synch feature working? It's nice to be able to transfer the currently playing music in one zone to another.

Thanks

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:27 am

MusicLobby3.75 is faster than 3 overall. There seem to be some things that still need optimization like control over Remote Zone (PC) volumes.
Navigating large collections is much, much better (now usable) than 3.0

Zone control is found by default when clicking on the "Tools" button at the bottom. I added zone control to the left of the Mute button. Recommend all do that for those that have more than one zone.

The scenes work with 0019 by default

No zone synch yet that I have found.

Alain

Postby Alain » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:33 am

I'm running the trial version of Mul 3.75.

Two problems:

1/- The only music database that will import is my iTunes library. None of the content of the other databases which I specify in the root folder options shows up. I have all the extension options checked. What else do I need to do to import a music database? If I start ripping from scratch, what's the best lossless format to use? Where should I store the files? In case AMG doesn't have cover art, in what format should I scan the images, and where should I store them?

2/- Whether I play an album or a playlist, the music stops after one song. Is that a restriction of the trial version?

Is there any documentation other than what's in the wiki?

Great product otherwise.

Thanks.

Alain

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:48 am

Alain,
What do you mean "import iTunes database"?
Do you mean you are adding the folder(s) of the music that you also have in the iTunes database?

I haven't seen a means to actually import a database...only add songs found by MLMusicLobby in a directory into MusicLobby's music.mdb database.

So, assuming you mean add a directory...
I haven't tried to add more than one path.
All of my music is in one large directory ("Music") on a shared server drive. The directories that you are attempting to import...does the MLMusicLobby PC have permissions? Are these folders on the local PC or on a remote PC? If remote, are you using the UNC path to those folders? ie: \\Server\Music

Alain

Postby Alain » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:25 am

David,

Pls assume I don't know anything about Mul. I've been using the word "import" because that's the term several people have been using in this forum.

The question is: how do I get Mul to find my existing Music Files? So far, it found my iTunes directory on a network drive and populated the .mdb accordingly. I have .wav files in different directories, and I specified them under the Library Tab, but Mul doesn't find them. Also, how do I add new CDs after ripping them?

In other words, how do you add music (existing or new) to Mul? Is it documented anywhere?

Return to “MusicLobby 3.75”