Can you embed the slideshow in another scene?

Post your general questions and comments about PhotoLobby here
heystew

Can you embed the slideshow in another scene?

Postby heystew » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:38 pm

I've played around with the trial some and have not yet figured out a way to do this.. maybe it's obvious, but if so, i've missed it.
I would like to embed the slideshow into another scene, i.e. have a 640x480 window showing photo slideshows on my main scene along with the weather, calendar, etc.

Is this a feasible thing to do with the architecture of photolobby?

thanks,
dave

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi Dave,

Sure is.

I would start by looking at 0019_media.photos.preview.mls

You would need to resize the image holder label to 640x480 and your preview image dimensions in the server.

Then just issue a Slideshow command on the scene startup.

Let me know if you need more details.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:35 am

Dave,

One of the great features of PhotoLobby is the ability to start a slideshow for a designated group of images and (with some ML scene layering) composite those slideshow images on any existing ML scene. Of course the existing scenes need to be custom designed to provide the display real estate for the slideshow images. If you design your scenes with a template that allows for this type of secondary layer display on all your scenes, you can really do some cool things with mix and match.

Here's some screenshots to illustrate how I incorporate an active slideshow into various scenes.

PS. This type of scene design looks complex at first, but it really is just a few graphic elements loaded in layers on to a single scene. ML scene layering is very powerful and opens up infinite design possibilities.

Good Luck!

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Return to “PhotoLobby 3”