PhotoLobby - Setup Help Needed

Post your general questions and comments about PhotoLobby here
pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

PhotoLobby - Setup Help Needed

Postby pete_auto » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:50 pm

Great plug-in. I have been waiting for this eagerly.

I downloaded the plug-in and configured it. Some issues that seem minor, but I can’t seem to get these to work, and look forward to the resolution:

1. In the sample screens, I don’t see a way to see the “preview” – although a preview scene is included. It seems that the only way to get to preview is to create a new button, and launch the preview screen. Shouldn’t “preview” scene be launched when I click on any picture thumbnail, or am I missing something?

2. When I launch (open manually) the preview screen and start the slideshow, the slideshow starts. I understand (from a previous post) that I can click anywhere on the screen to stop the slideshow. When I do that, the slideshow does stop, but all I see is a blank “black” screen. What am I missing?

3. I would like to be able to start the slideshow from the main photolobby screen. I copied the “slideshow” button from the “preview” screen, but nothing happens when I press this button. How do I fix this issue?

4. As pointed out in a previous post, the main screen “0019_media.photos.mls” takes very long time to save when I make changes to it (2-3 minutes – sometimes even longer). I even tried copying all items from the scene into a new screen – no change.

Thanks in advance.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:54 pm

1. In the sample screens, I don’t see a way to see the “preview” – although a preview scene is included. It seems that the only way to get to preview is to create a new button, and launch the preview screen. Shouldn’t “preview” scene be launched when I click on any picture thumbnail, or am I missing something?

Make sure you've updated/moved over all the recommended scenes. My guess is you are missing the preview scene in your content folder. Clicking the thumbnail should load the preview scene into an FX layer.

Check the mlserver log to see what it's reporting.

2. When I launch (open manually) the preview screen and start the slideshow, the slideshow starts. I understand (from a previous post) that I can click anywhere on the screen to stop the slideshow. When I do that, the slideshow does stop, but all I see is a blank “black” screen. What am I missing?

When you click the image, it unloads itself, because it is designed to open as a layer, the thumbnails would typically still be behind the preview layer.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks Mario - that helped. For some reason I was missing a critical macro that didn't copy over. I re-installed ML and that worked.

However, I noticed that when the slideshow is running, and when the screen changes from one picture to the next, I can see all the thumbnails behind the screen for that brief moment when the pictures are changing. It seems very weird – I was wondering if there is any way to fix this and make it look like a real slideshow.

How can I fix this so that the change from one piucture to next during the slideshow seems seemless?

Thanks again.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Do you have 0019_0001.jpg in your Content skins folder? I believe we load that image and tint it black behind the loading images. This by default is installed to a users system.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi Mario,

That was the problem.

Actually, I have my own sub-folders under my content folder. This skin 0019_0001.jpg was placed in the sub-folder - therefore was not recognized by the plug-in. I created a "skins" sub-folder in the main root content folder, and placed a copy of this file in that sub-folder. That solved the problem.

Thanks very much !

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 pm

The latest version of MainLobby now uses an internal library object to blackout the background. So it shouldn't happen to anyone in the future.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Return to “PhotoLobby 3”