How to resize the scene for 1920*1080

Post your general questions and comments about PhotoLobby here
AndreMan

How to resize the scene for 1920*1080

Postby AndreMan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:05 am

My ML startup resolution is 1920*1080 and so far, I've been able to use the default scenes and make some minor changes to account for my resolution, stretching skins and moving and recentering some items and so forth.

With Photolobby though, I don't know how to adjust the photo preview size or centre it on my screen. As is, it looks like the attached image.

You can see part of another image to the right of the photo. I've tried changing the image preview width and height in the plugin settings but these settings have no effect. I've tested several values but there is never a change.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:37 am

Andre,

Open the scene: 0019_media.photos.preview.mls

Then select the LAYERS button from the Main Menu. Go to PAGE 2 by Pressing NEXT on the Layers panel. You'll see a LOCK icon next to the text ~1024~768. Click the LOCK to UNLOCK this item.

This is the JPG image that you are seeing. Now PRESS EDIT from the MainLobby menu bar.

The select the IMAGE of the TIGER or if no image is found, select the UPPER LEFT Corner of the ICON IMAGE NOT FOUND.

Then modify the label to read: ~1920~1080
These signify the width and height to center the image.

You may also want to modify the variables in MLServer that tell PHOTOLOBBY these dimensions for scaling. So in MLSERVER change:
photos_image_width_myclientX = 1920
photos_image_height_myclientX = 1080

myClientX may show up as myClient1 by default.

Hope that helps.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

AndreMan

Postby AndreMan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Thank you very much, almost there.

That worked almost perfectly.

I think because I have my ML display set to scale for 1920*1080, the image is also being scaled by the 62.5% because it does fill the screen now but I'm only getting a portion of the image as per the attached.

Maybe I just have to play with the size until it looks right.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Andre,

Ahh...yeah - you are going to need to play with the numbers if you are scaling the whole interface.

My guess is since you have the height right, you would leave your height variable at 1024.

Try setting your width variable in MLSERVER and the JPG image label field to:
~1504~1024
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

AndreMan

Postby AndreMan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Yes, thanks.

I tried to resize the overall ML display back to 1024 * 768 but it doesn't really help.

I guess it makes sense but you can really only resize to a lower resolution since the ML "world" is only as large as your original scene design so I can never go larger than the smallest value, 768 in this case.

Looks like for me, the best I can do is set both the server variables and image object to 1600*768.

If I increase the height any more, I lose some image and if I centre the image, I get the overlay in the background on the right side, so this way, I have the full image but it's offset to the right, with a black background on the left side.

Thanks, Andre

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:25 pm

I'd have to dig deeper but I'm pretty sure we can make it work fine in your scenario...once I have time I can play around.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

AndreMan

Postby AndreMan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks for checking in again.

I'm happy with this and I'm sure there are other priorities but I won't complain if you come up with something. :)

Thanks, Andre

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Sorry,

I screwed up in my post above. The scaled dimensions would be the equivelant of 1366x768.

I've created a scene here that worked on my end.

NOTE: Download the latest MainLobby, we've updated the library to stretch the image near the bottom of the page so it will cover your full width of 1920.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

AndreMan

Postby AndreMan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:08 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I certainly appreciate the time since I know my display issues are related to my resolution and not the product.

Here's the latest image preview, image nice and centered.

Thanks again,

Andre

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:42 am

Andre,

You are welcome.

Ideally, you'll want to reposition the thumbnails page as well to take advantage of the wider page.

Could be as simple as adding another 1 or 2 columns of thumbnails into the page.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

AndreMan

Postby AndreMan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

Yes, I'll have to work on it a little. For now, I've simply centered what's already there so it looks right and when I have some more time to get into it more, I can modify the scene a little.

Thanks again,

Andre

Return to “PhotoLobby 3”