A few Netflix Questions - just starting out

Discuss issues related to the MLNetflix plugin.
Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

A few Netflix Questions - just starting out

Postby Oronomus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 am

1. Is there a way to set the active player for each client? Sometimes, a user will mistake the left and right arrows for the player for "back" and "play." That will fire the command "MLNetflix|GetNextPlayer". The the client will then be set on the wrong player until corrected. I don't see a command for SetActivePlayer or such in the Netflix wiki. With that command, the active player would be reset to the current client when a new movie is started. I handle that through MLCycleStates in MLDVDLobby.

2. Are the Netflix players supposed to be set up in MLCycleStates? The wiki references MLCyclesStates, but does not instrruct on how the Netflix players are to be set up in MLCycleStates.

3. Is there a Silverlight setting for "Always on Top" or "Start in Full Screen"? On quick glance I did not see those choices in the configuration window. A couple of times a Netflix movie started underneath the Mainlobby window. I assumed a problem until I heard the movie sound.

4. How does Netflix handle pause and stop commands? I was testing 4 clients. I would fire up a movie, watch it for a few minutes, then stop it and close the window on that client and go to the next client. When I got to the 4th client, I got a Netflix notice that I could not start a movie because 3 other movies were actively showing. But they were all stopped. Does Netflix "time out" a current viewing? Is there a way to stop a movie at a point and free up another client?

5. What is "Screening "?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A few Netflix Questions - just starting out

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 am

1. Is there a way to set the active player for each client?

Not in the current release. However, the next release (coming out today) will have the SetActivePlayer command.

2. Are the Netflix players supposed to be set up in MLCycleStates?

You can use MLCyclestates but you do not have too.

3. Is there a Silverlight setting for "Always on Top" or "Start in Full Screen"?

No, but the Agent is supposed to launch the window full screen after the movie finishes its initial buffering. The next release will have the Netflix player be the top most window by default.

4. How does Netflix handle pause and stop commands?

We only have control over the local player on the PC. When you pause it there is some timeout that takes place before Netflix home base knows you have stopped watching the stream. We do not have control over what that timeout is but it does explain what you see happening.

5. What is "Screening "?

This allows you to add movies that you would like to watch into a local list. It is simply a queue of movies that you have slated for watching some time in the future, the Screening Queue.

Return to “MLNetflix”