MCE remote without MCE?

Discuss issues related to the MLNetflix plugin.
fnkpet
Expert
Expert

MCE remote without MCE?

Postby fnkpet » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:18 pm

I just bought some MCE remotes in order to try to get the Netflix plugin working.

Havnt spent a ton of time (yet) on it but installed the IR USB and seem to be able to get the mouse funtion working on the remote, but nothing else.

So a question - do you actualy need to have a MCE version of windows running for this to work? I am using XP Pro on all my HTPC's.......

thanks

Frank

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MCE remote without MCE?

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:42 am

You do not need WMC running. Just the remote and the latest MainLobby client and the latest Netflix scenes.

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:05 pm

OK, I cant get it to work yet. Ive bought numerous $10 MCE remotes (different versions), etc.

So, I decided I need an upgrade anyway and have switched one of my HTPC's from XP to Windows 7.

Installed one of the MCE remotes.

Im not getting any action in Main Lobby.

First question - should I see activity in the Client ML MCE app log on button presses?

Frank

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Yes but not for all buttons. Some of the MCE button presses appear as key strokes to MainLobby and are passed directly to the app. The special buttons and transport controls will be logged in the MCE Agent. You have to be using the latest MainLobby client to make this work. Also, you will only see entries in the MCR Agent event window when it sees that MainLobby is the current app that has focus. If MainLobby is not in focus the button presses are not consumed so that other MCE aware apps might process them.

Return to “MLNetflix”