MLNetflix 3.99.x

Discuss issues related to the MLNetflix plugin.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

MLNetflix 3.99.x

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:23 pm

A completely new version of the Netflix plugin is available for testing. This version incorporates many new features. Some of them include

1) Completely rewritten User Interface. The UI in the sample scenes borrows from DVDLobby 3.90. You will see the exact same browsing and playback feature set as found in DVDLobby 3.90. This includes enhanced filtering and searching of the entire Netflix catalog.

2) Notice I said "entire" in item #1. With this release the plugin will create a local cache of the entire Netflix streaming catalog on your local MLServer PC. You'll no longer have to go to a website to browse their catalog and put movies into your watch now queue. Simply browse for a movie or TV episode and play it. The plugin will expose approximately 10,000 movies and 30,000 TV show episodes for you to choose. (Canadian users will see a much smaller selection.) There is no performance hit with such a large collection because everything is cached locally. It will take approximately 20 minutes for the new NetFlixCollector process to grab the initial catalog. After that it only checks for adds and deletions.

3) New Agents have been created for control and playback. The plugin no longer requires the ClientSvc agent for playback. There is a new NetFlixAgent that is installed on your PCs that will control the playing or your Netflix media.

4) The plugin supports Canadian and U.S. Netflix subscribers. During setup of the plugin and agents you will need to provide your Netflix username and password and specify whether or not you are a Canadian subscriber.

You can read about all the details on the MLNetflix wiki page.

Here are some screenshots of the new sample scenes. They are all designed for 1024x768 displays. The sample scenes will install into the Content\0019\1024x768\Netflix folder. You should open the Netflix_Console_Thumbs.mls file as your default scene. As always your comments and observations are welcomed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLNetflix Enhanced

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Version 3.90.15 of the Netflix plugin and client scenes have been released. The plugin resolves an issue with not being able to browse movies in your screening queue and the client now includes updated 1920x1080 remote control scenes that merge into the DVDLobby remote control scenes.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Works great now Dave! Thanks for the quick fix.

I was wondering if it is possible to have the option to place the 'Silver Light" player where we like on the scenes, instead of a fixed location? I realize the intent is to switch to "Full Screen" mode as soon as the movie starts streaming, but sometimes I just want to preview a portion of a movie without going to full screen mode ... and that player position seems out of balance with the other graphic elements. I know ... picky, picky :roll:

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Hmmm, never expected it to be used that way. but it is an interesting feature. I'll see what I can do. Probably a PreviewMovie command that will allow you to set the X,Y position and will not automatically switch to fullscreen mode. Watch this space.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Thanks Dave. GO GIANTS =D>
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:52 am

Ron; Ok, we will give you this one. We had a nice run!!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:10 pm

It would be great if the Netflix plugin allowed us to set the window size per client like the TheaterTek plugin allows in the TT Power Command( eg. /NOSPLASH /WINDOWSTATE 3 260 50 1100 670). All my clients that are not attached to a TV, can play movies locally with the TheaterTek window on top and still use the controls in ML. If I double click the TheaterTek window it goes full screen and if I double click the full screen it goes back to the window state below.

Movie Gallery - Local Client Play.JPG

Many Thanx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jjjukebox on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J.J. Jukebox

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:14 pm

I don't have as much control over the Silverlight player as I like but I will do my best to make this feature happen.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Version 3.90.19 of the Netflix plugin has been released. It contains a new Netflix Collector that is now compatible with the recent Netflix website changes. You'll know it is working properly if you see over 11,000 movies in the browser. Canadian users will see a lot less.

DevenLF

Postby DevenLF » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 pm

I have the most recent version of this plug-in, yet my Netflix movie database will only download 999 titles. Any ideas why?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Make sure you are running version 3.90.20 that was released today.

Then make sure a copy of the Collector is not already running.

Then Start / Run "C:\Program Files\MLServer\NetflixCollector.exe" /debug /log

Select "Netflix Catalog" from the Processes menu.

Watch it run and look for any error messages.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:26 pm

If I can ask a quick question.

When you use this, what application does the movie play in? You mention silverlight here, but what is the app playing the video?

For DVD Lobby it is some software DVD player.

I downloaded the old version, but never got around to setting it up. I'm trying to figure out where everthing has to run.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Silverlight is the app that is playing the movie. The Agent will launch the URL with the path to the movie. The web page that opens is the Silverlight player. You have to make sure that you install Silverlight on the player PCs. You can easily do this by manually playing a movie from the Netflix web site once.

DevenLF

Postby DevenLF » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:13 pm

The most recent version that shows up, now (even after refreshing multiple times) is 3.90.19 the installer shows 3.90.20, but when I download it and install, it always installs v19. I've even cleared that file from the mlinstaller directory.

I ran the collector program as stated. Everything logs in fine, I can see it going through the pages looking for movies on each page. HOWEVER, on each page, it always says it has found 0 movies. Round and round it goes, finding zero movies on any of the pages. (although I can see the movies as it looks for them, it never 'finds' them.

CinemarDave wrote:Make sure you are running version 3.90.20 that was released today.

Then make sure a copy of the Collector is not already running.

Then Start / Run "C:\Program Files\MLServer\NetflixCollector.exe" /debug /log

Select "Netflix Catalog" from the Processes menu.

Watch it run and look for any error messages.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Delete your Internet explorer cache. The download from MLInstaller again. See if you get version 20 then.

Return to “MLNetflix”