Missing cover art. where to start?

Discuss issues related to the MLNetflix plugin.
donburkard
Expert
Expert

Missing cover art. where to start?

Postby donburkard » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:01 am

I have downloaded and installed the latest versions of the plugin and the scenes. All of my clients play netflix from the website fine. (i updated them all with the silverlight thing) If i start logging in the netflix plugin it spits out a whole bunch of info about the movies in my queue so im assuming the plugin sees everything ok. I followed the wihi and looked at all the threads and im still stuck. In the manage scene it logs right on to my queue page no prob. In the queue scene i get nothing. no info, no coverart, nothing. refresh does nothing. Im at a loss and could use a starting point on what to do.

Thanks
Hooked on HighDef

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Has anyone been having any luck using the netflix plugin or is it still dead in the water?
Hooked on HighDef

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:17 pm

Ok, i went into the Netflix scenes for mainlobby to try and get this thing working and for no reason at all (because i havent done anything different) no i have all the info for the movies in my queue. The only thing thats missing is the actual images of the cover art. Oh and the ability to play a movie. Thats still missing to.

I tried pushing stream, download, opened the remote, pushed all the buttons, i still get nothing.

I also looked in mlcycle states and do not see anything for netflix, Although i could have sworn i read i didnt need that part any more but cant find the thread that said that.

I checked (started logging) mlclientSvc and i have attached a screenshot of what it said when i was just pushing buttons to try to get something to happen.

does this look right to you guys? How come nothing happened? Where is the communication getting messed up?

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hooked on HighDef

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:19 pm

oh and by the way when i was pushing all the bushing all the buttons, i was doing it on MEDIA_DESKTOP and i was logged in to MLSERVER_PC thru logmein so i could see what was happening.
Hooked on HighDef

rondepping
Expert
Expert

Postby rondepping » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:08 pm

I was having the same problem. I finally ran wireshark to see what the plugin was sending/recieving from Netflixs and found that it was getting a 404 page not found. Looks like it is trying to use the a player that is not available to new members, new member get the Sliverlight player and that requires a browser.

Looks like we have to wait to see if Dave can change to use the API instead. Not sure If all of the same function is available with the API.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:24 pm

Whats API??

I have the silverlite thing. I can play movies from netflix's website fine. I though that issue was solved...
Hooked on HighDef

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:30 am

It looks like the plugin will take a rewrite...the good news that Netflix has officially released their API, which could ultimately work in favor for the plugin. Instead of screen scraps and "hacks" the plugin could be more tightly integrated.

http://developer.netflix.com/

I know Dave is aware of this...but I'm sure he's currently busy with other things (hopefully the final touches on MusicLobby 4 :wink: ).

Basically I would just hang tight.

Return to “MLNetflix”