Refresh fails to work on one page

Forum for discussing building user interfaces for controlling MLServer using the iPhone or iPod Touch.
ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Refresh fails to work on one page

Postby ricks » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Dave,

Maybe you can see what's wrong with this. Most of my iphone pages refresh fine based on the script settings at the bottom of the html page except one. The script appears to be the same as the others but it just won't refresh. Are there settings somewhere else that I'm missing? ( < > replaced with ( ) so this message would post).

Thanks,

(script language="javascript")
autoupdate = true;
updatefreq = 1000;
pageviews = 0;
maxpageviews = 0;
pagevars = getvars();
setTimeout("UpdateVariables();", 100);
(/script)

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Refresh fails to work on one page

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 pm

There is nothing there I can see that is wrong. There might be bad html in other places. Open the page in Safari on your PC with the debug console turned on. See if it reports any errors on the html.

ricks

Postby ricks » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:03 pm

The only thing I see from the console is "There was a problem retrieving the XML data:" No further explanation. BTW, the pages have no problem displaying the correct variables on loading the page, just won't refresh them.

Out of curiosity, in this case, since I really only want the variables to refresh when I make a change to a control button like "Volume", "Treble" or "Bass" (saves all of the GetVars cluttering up MLServer), is there a command I can add to a button to make the refresh request? Like within onclick = GetVars?

Thanks,
Rick

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:22 pm

As an experiment add an Alert after the pagevars and see if there is anything in the list of server variables it is collecting.

pagevars = getvars();
alert(pagevars);

Return to “iPhone / iPod Touch Beta”