MLIPCAMERA Plugin

Forum for discussing building user interfaces for controlling MLServer using the iPhone or iPod Touch.
Clever1

MLIPCAMERA Plugin

Postby Clever1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:12 am

I am having an issue viewing the cameras I have set up in the MLIPCAMERA plugin via my iPhone. While I am at home and connected to my Wifi they work so I am thinking it must be the IP Address. When I viewed the source with Safari on my computer the image the iphone was trying to load was from the 192.168.XXX.XXX address of my local home network which of course can not be located remotely. The iPhone web page gets the IP address of the camera from the MLIPCAMERA plugin so I was wonder if in order to view the camera remotely I have to put in my external IP to my home network and the forwarded port number in the MLIPCAMERA plug in? And if I do that will I have any issues with in the local network?

Clever1

Re: MLIPCAMERA Plugin

Postby Clever1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Bump!!! Any ideas?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:08 am

You would have to do the port forwarding trick or you could try to access the ipcamera images indirectly via the a call to

http://<<your mlserver external dns value>>:6246/GetImage?<<your mlipcamera url>>

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Thank you. I got the port forwarding to work with the Panasonic but the Linksys WVC80N I'm not having any luck with yet.

Return to “iPhone / iPod Touch Beta”