iPad?

Forum for discussing building user interfaces for controlling MLServer using the iPhone or iPod Touch.
mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: iPad?

Postby mcascio » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:14 pm

My Q1 recently took a dive as well. I'm thinking another iPad / RDP or LogMeIn might be the route to go. My only thing is I like having a dedicated screen next to the bed for phone calls, baby cam, security, etc. If I put an iPad there, I foresee it being used for other things (checking email, web surging) while laying in bed taking away from the instant experience a dedicated screen provides. That's one of the problems with such a versatile device as the iPad.

The RDP session looks speedy. I'd probably eliminate the sliding left menu and just make it instant so you don't have to wait quite as long to make a selection. But overall, it appears very reactive.

LogMein recently added direct touchscreen support, but they have a silly mouse icon appearing all the time. I've played with MOCHA VNC and that works well too. It's nice having access to everything MainLobby offers though from the iPad from anywhere.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

ftremblay

Postby ftremblay » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:49 pm

It seen that Magaret is going to put a ipad interface on the 1 November? Any news on that....

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 am

Good find. Looks like Margret and Dave have been busy. Can't wait see the full package.

Shakey

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Now this could be the ultimate touch panel. http://www.cepro.com/article/exclusive_ ... s_to_ipad/
Wonder if it could be configured to work with MLserver.

Shakey

bigbrother
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bigbrother » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:25 pm

I just read about that snap-on panel for the ipad today. That would make a world of difference. The price is a little high at 500, but so is everything else they sell. I would for sure be interested in it for ML.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:28 pm

I cannot imagine that Crestron would open that up to be able to be used by anyone.

Return to “iPhone / iPod Touch Beta”