Browsing music via the web server

Forum for discussing building user interfaces for controlling MLServer using the iPhone or iPod Touch.
ggraef

Browsing music via the web server

Postby ggraef » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:29 pm

I recently had the opportunity to buy an IPod Touch on sale (!), but after looking at the ML integration options, I'm not sure about keeping it. One of my priorities is to use it to interface to MLMusicLobby 3.75, but the documentation doesn't suggest a way to browse and select music from the web interface. Is there a way to do this with the current MLMusicLobby? If so, any chance of sample screens or documentation in the near future?

Thanks!
Gerry
Last edited by ggraef on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Browsing music on the web

Postby DavidL » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:48 pm

iPhone web pages for latest MusicLobby 3.75 don't exist from Cinemar today.
Another hot project that should be in the large queue of updates.

ggraef

Re: Browsing music via the web server

Postby ggraef » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Yes, I know sample pages don't exist, hence my question: is it possible to write web pages without code changes to MLMusicLobby and, if so, is there any documentation on the commands needed to generate web pages to browse and select from the MLMusicLobby database? The MLMusicLobby commands listed on the Wiki don't appear to include this...

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:06 pm

If you know how to code "HTML", you should have everything you need to build a MusicLobby 3.75 web page. It's all variable display and MLServeCmds. This is a very simplistic unstatement of how much work it would be to do it well....but it's all possible. No one I know of has taken that time / effort. I think all are waiting on DaveP to do it for us all ;)

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:40 pm

You could follow the existing MusicLobby HTML pages and change the half dozen or so commands embedded there and you would have a functioning control for a single zone but browsing wouldn't be supported. There is a completely new set of iPhone interfaces being working on. Other projects are slowing this development but you'll like the new interface. It will be easier to dynamically configure. More about that when it gets closer to a release.

wnl

Postby wnl » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:45 pm

CinemarDave wrote:here is a completely new set of iPhone interfaces being working on. Other projects are slowing this development but you'll like the new interface. It will be easier to dynamically configure. More about that when it gets closer to a release.

So I shouldn't start work on my own? Because I was seriously considering it.

Bill

Return to “iPhone / iPod Touch Beta”