iPhone DVDL More like Windows...

Forum for discussing building user interfaces for controlling MLServer using the iPhone or iPod Touch.
jrfuda
Expert
Expert

iPhone DVDL More like Windows...

Postby jrfuda » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:42 am

I've been using the iPhone interface exclusivley since I "came back" to cinemar after being away (literally) for a while. I've been using it for a little over a year now, and like it, but do not like the limited interface for DVDLobby, especially now that I know what I'm missing.

Yesterday, just for fun, I installed the DVDL 3.75 client on my laptop and started playing with it. This is the first time I've used the Windows version of the client since maybe DVDL 2.0 (or at most an early 3.x version). It's awesome and I'd like to see this awesomeness integrated into the iPhone version.

I love the search features, the alpha-slider and the filters of the client version and wish they could be somehow added to the iPhone version. I also like the ability to add and edit entries via a client.

I understand that some of this may be beyond what can be done with an html/web-based client, but wonder if a dedicated app could do it. I'd really love to see it, at least for DVDL, which is 99% of the use for any touchscreen automation I use (the rest of my automation is either event-based or in response to IR commands).

DVDL has always been Cinemar's killer app, and I think it would be the single most important thing to port to the iPhone. I think y'all could market it via the app store and optionaly bundle it with a MLServer and the DVDL plugin so users could get an easy Movie organizing, cataloging and playback solution.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: iPhone DVDL More like Windows...

Postby DaveB » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Hey John! Good to see you around these parts!!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

mwebster
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: iPhone DVDL More like Windows...

Postby mwebster » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:36 pm

jrfuda,

I sent you a pm last week, but if you check for those as often as I do, you may not of seen it. If you have time, could you share how your new automation pc purchase worked out? Are you only running mlserver on the box? Thanks

Return to “iPhone / iPod Touch Beta”