Some redesigned screens

Forum for discussing building user interfaces for controlling MLServer using the iPhone or iPod Touch.
bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Some redesigned screens

Postby bigDvette » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:27 pm

I put these in user interface, but thought I'd actually post them here going forward.

Here are a few iphone pics.

Now that I've cracked how everything cinemar has put together works, I've been plugging away on an entire new MLServer / Iphone / MLClient interaface implementation that actually doesn't use any of the supplied Cinemar macros (except for DVDLobby or plugin specific macros).

I borrowed some icons from my nevo and had to make some myself. I have a design methodology for the touchpanesl screens that use the same icons. Looking for input on looks. I have screens for lights, HVAC, Energy, Pool, Sprinkler and weather and I'm working on Video/Audio now that also included DVDLobby, Music Lobby versions.

Here's a quick peek.

Main Menu
Lighting - at the top are scenes and at the bottom is independent devices.

When you want to change the zone, you click on the button next to the menu button at the top and you get a iphoneish scroller picker.

For audio and video, you get the same zone picker, but you then also get a source picker scroller.

Here is the energy management function selector.

Which takes you to essentially he default screen re-skinned.

Here are my irrigation and pool screens. Essentially for irrigation, programs are at the top and zone status is on the bottom. For pool, the temps are at the top.

Lastly, a resurfaced weather screen.

I nuked the green titlebar and house/apple icon. The beamer still illuminates in the upper corner.

The best piece is all this is driven from common macros used by the MLClient and the iphone.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Re: Some redesigned screens

Postby donburkard » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:22 pm

can we have these pics back?
Hooked on HighDef

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:06 pm

done

beerguy

Postby beerguy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Thanks for posting the pictures. They are very impressive. Do you have the iphone/touch working with the new MusicLobby (3.75)? If so, would you be interested in sharing the code? or even selling it for personal use? I'm sitting on two ipod touchs and an iphone and I've been waiting forever for an update to the old code.

Thanks,

Pat

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Brovo =D>

Your work is excellent. Interface is clean, simple and intuitive. It's obvious you have put some serious hours into this project. It's always inspiring to see what other users are doing with ML. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, your efforts will kick-start other iphone efforts.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Well done! Very clean looking. It looks exactly an official ml app should(hint hint Dave). Im glad i asked for the pics to come back. Any interest in sharing the code?

Thanks
Hooked on HighDef

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:57 pm

I have no problems sharing. I've redone these to basically remove all images that are used as button and have styled it using only CSS. My Mainlobby implementation is completely customized and I use very little in the way of existing macros or variables from the base screens or MLServer plugins. As such, the script in these screens is customized to work with that and I use several naming conventions to facilitate only having 1 screen when most have 1 per zone or room.

Anyway, here is the file with what i have currently. Some screens I've modified to create an array of MLServer vars (pool and weather I think). I want to convert all my screens this way because using DIV tags and the assoicated logic to do certain things if the id starts with __ gets confusing over time.

I've done nothing with MusicLobby or DVDLobby and these are in a half finished state. One change I made was to add 2 timeouts for get variables so when you issue a command it polls every second for 5 seconds and then goes back to polling less frequently so the UI seems more zippy.

PM me with an email address and I'll send them, the zip is larger than the 2M limit here.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 pm

To everyone that sent me a PM, I've been in Park City for spring break with the family and just got back. I'll send them out tomorrow.

killervette

Postby killervette » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:34 pm

any chance i can get the irrigation scenes?

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:05 am

Sure, just know they are custom integrated with my own ISY plugin, but they are pretty simple.

Return to “iPhone / iPod Touch Beta”