Jump to alpha page?

Forum for discussing building user interfaces for controlling MLServer using the iPhone or iPod Touch.
jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Jump to alpha page?

Postby jrfuda » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:51 pm

I'd like to be able to setup a list of letters A-Z in the iPhone interface so I can jump righ to movies starting with letter "?" for example, if I know the movie begins with a W, I choose W from the list and I go to the first page in the "All Movies" filter that has a movie beginning with "W" I've tried creating list items with mvfilter set to the first letter of the sort title, but that does not work. I've also tried this:

Code: Select all

<li><a mlcmd="Macro|SetVariable|dvdbrowse_filterfield_{{clientname}}~A!SetVariable|dvdbrowse_alphachar_{{clientname}}~A!SetVariable|dvdbrowse_alphavalue_{{clientname}}~1" href="movies.html">A</a></li>
with the "A" and "1" equentually substituted with B,2,C,3 etc. (a list of 26 items) but it does not work either. Exactly what variables have to be set to what to get this to work?

Thanks!

jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Postby jrfuda » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:13 am

Anybody have any ideas? I know all of this and more (like searching, which would be even better) is possible on regular ML clients, but I\'ve moved everything over to my iTouch.

Most of the time, I already know which movie I want and need a way to get to it in DVDL quickly, either by search or jumping directly to it alphabetically.

jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Re: Jump to alpha page?

Postby jrfuda » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:16 am

Figured I'd give this a bump since it's been a while.

Return to “iPhone / iPod Touch Beta”