Websession and client issues

Forum for discussing building user interfaces for controlling MLServer using the iPhone or iPod Touch.
bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Websession and client issues

Postby bigDvette » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:29 pm

What would be great is to find a way to expire a websession. I've had a few times where I reach max sessions because my ip on the 3g network changes. it would be nice if we could supply a clientname in the web page somewhere that acts as teh session identifier and if a new IP address comes in with the same clientid then it expires the session and creates a new one repurposing whatever variables have been created since they would be created under the clientname instead of IP address.

Also, I'm having problems with images outside the wireless network in my house. The weather pages have problems also with the weather maps. All the webpages work using my homeserver DNS name, but images are a problem. the src field is blank on dvdlobby pages so it comes back with a ? mark.

Bago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Bago » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:59 pm

I have had similar problems with being locked out because of to many browsers when my iPhone is the only browser.

Maybe the timeout length could be shortened to a few min.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 am

As far as I can tell there is no timeout at all which is a problem.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:21 am

BUMP - any way to expire a web session?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:29 pm

What version of MLServer are you running? If the web request comes in from the same IP address then that should only count as one session. are you constantly getting a new IP adress or do you have more then 5 devices trying to connect?

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:25 pm

I'm running 3.0.588.

I only have 1 client attaching, but it is likely due to using the 3G network outside teh house.

I think the "value" of real iPhone integration is that I can turn on the spa on the way home. So after a few days of tinkering all 5 websessions are full and never expire.

Plus, even if I were trying to use 6 devices internally, but only 5 at once, this would never work because the sessions never timeout.

If this is addressed, then the solution probably would have to entail specifying a clientname instead of using the IP address.

beerguy

Postby beerguy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi -
I'm running MLServer 3.75.34 and just started getting the same issue. I'm using a Sprint card to connect remotely so I suspect I'm getting different IPs each time I connect. I don't have any simultaneous connections happening but keep getting the max sessions error.

Any way to expire a session so that I can resume using this?

Thanks,

Pat

beerguy

Re: Websession and client issues

Postby beerguy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Did anyone ever get this resolved? Is there a temporary fix so that I can clear all sessions? I'm looked out from my iTouch because of too many sessions.

Thanks,

Pat

Return to “iPhone / iPod Touch Beta”