User Interfaces for the iPhone / iPod Touch Release Notes

Forum for discussing building user interfaces for controlling MLServer using the iPhone or iPod Touch.
Bago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Bago » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:27 pm

Thanks Dave! This stuff is GREAT =D>

Two quick questions:

1) I have MusicLobby working on the correct zone, but the cover art isnt showing yet - any suggestions?

2) I use the M1 for security. I changed the macros to reflect the M1 instead of the HAI. When I update the webpackage will the scripts all change? Should I redefine the macros to some name other then iRemote.Security.1 etc.?

I thought the original pages were cool, but this is amazing!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:03 am

I suggest you copy the iPhone html files into your own custom folder. That way future updates will not overwrite your changes. If you modify the command macros they will overwritten too but you will have an option in the installer to not update the command macros.

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Anything more developing with this product? Upon Cinemar's suggestion, I scrapped my PPC and bought an iTouch. I have many things working great so far, but the iPhone/iTouch Product seemed to come to a screeching hault. Can you give is a status update? I'm sure we're all excited to see where this goes. Thanks!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:12 pm

iPhone development has been temporarily put on hold while we work on the next version of MusicLobby. We'll be back at the iPhone soon.

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:28 am

CinemarDave wrote:iPhone development has been temporarily put on hold while we work on the next version of MusicLobby. We'll be back at the iPhone soon.

"next version of MusicLobby"?...do I smell CD Changer control coming back? That would be a great xmas present :wink:

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:36 pm

For some strange reason, the page changing arrows on the iPod interface will stop responding all of a sudden. The XM stations, etc. will change fine. Any idea what might cause this? Everything looks like it is operating normally per the logs.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:27 pm

iPhone web pages have a maximum size of about 8 megabytes. If you sit on a page for too long that is dynamically updating images then you run the possibility of ehausting this buffer space. That's why some of the demo pages periodically refresh themselves. This is to flush the buffer and restart. Perhaps you are seeing something like this going on?

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:38 am

CinemarDave wrote:iPhone web pages have a maximum size of about 8 megabytes. If you sit on a page for too long that is dynamically updating images then you run the possibility of ehausting this buffer space. That's why some of the demo pages periodically refresh themselves. This is to flush the buffer and restart. Perhaps you are seeing something like this going on?

I don't think that is the problem.

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Is the iPhone/iTouch interface a dead issue now too? I was told that I would need to scrap my PPC and Cinemar Applications and get on board with an iPhone or iTouch. I played along and purchased the iTouch and all of the sudden this development seemed to come to a screeching halt. Any updates on where this stands?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:35 pm

Sample iPhone pages are already included FREE with MLServer. You can modify them to your hearts content.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:15 am

mcascio wrote:Sample iPhone pages are already included FREE with MLServer. You can modify them to your hearts content.

I'm aware of that, but it seems not everything works quite yet. So are you saying this project is done as far as you're concerned or will there be further development?

I ask because we were told "iPhone development has been temporarily put on hold while we work on the next version of MusicLobby. We'll be back at the iPhone soon", above.

This is one of Cinemar's best applications yet, so I'd hate to see it go by the wayside.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:58 am

From the software perspective, nothing is ever done and always evolving...especially when the sky is the limit and your imagination is your guide.

MusicLobby is still priority number 1 at the moment.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:07 pm

mcascio wrote:From the software perspective, nothing is ever done and always evolving...especially when the sky is the limit and your imagination is your guide.

MusicLobby is still priority number 1 at the moment.

Anxiously waiting the new MusicLobby and what's to come with iTouch/iPhone control.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Fri May 29, 2009 11:30 am

For the iTouch, I added the following to "Index.html" to create a "Movie Zones" window. Thus when you click "Movies" in the Main window, it takes you to a new "Movie Zones" window where you can select the correct zone. When I click a zone (which I have identified as physical rooms), ideally I would next go to the "Movie Filters" window to select my movie filter ("All Movies," "Recently Added", etc). However when I tried to point first to the Movie Filters window (href=#moviefilters) it would not set the zone correctly. So instead I pointed to the Main Movies window (href=Movies.html), with a back button to Movie Filters. Not ideal but it works (not ideal because only movies from the last filter applied will appear - so if Recently Played was last applied, only those movies would appear, and family members might wonder what happened to all the other movies).

PLEASE let me know if there is better coding for this, AND if there is a way to point to Movie Filters first and still set the correct zone:

<ul id="movies" title="Movie Zones">
<li><a mlcmd="Macro|SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_activezone~Sunroom HTPC!MLCycleStates|Set~MovieZones~1" href="movies.html">Basement</a></li>
<li><a mlcmd="Macro|SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_activezone~Theater!MLCycleStates|Set~MovieZones~2" href="movies.html">Upstairs Theater</a></li>
<li><a mlcmd="Macro|SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_activezone~Master Bedroom!MLCycleStates|Set~MovieZones~3" href="movies.html">Master Bedroom</a></li>
<li><a mlcmd="Macro|SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_activezone~Kitchen!MLCycleStates|Set~MovieZones~4" href="movies.html">Kitchen</a></li>
</ul>

<ul id="moviefilters" title="Movie Filters">
<li><a mvfilter="All Movies" href="movies.html">All Movies</a></li>
<li><a mvfilter="Recently Added" href="movies.html">Recently Added</a></li>
<li><a mvfilter="Recently Watched" href="movies.html">Recently Watched</a></li>
<li><a mvfilter="Most Watched" href="movies.html">Most Watched</a></li>
<li><a mvfilter="Never Watched" href="movies.html">Never Watched</a></li>
<li><a href="#ratings">By Ratings</a></li>
<li><a href="#genres">By Genres</a></li>
</ul>

I reassigned the back button in "Movies.html" to go back to the newly re-labeled Movie Filters window:

<a class="homebutton" href="index.html#_goto=moviefilters">Movie Filters</a>

Any further ideas please let me know...

TheCodeMan

Re: User Interfaces for the iPhone / iPod Touch Release Notes

Postby TheCodeMan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:14 pm

Just started to dig into MainLobby for iPhone. This is really impressive. Any ETA on the standalone application for the iPhone? I have the temperature links configured and working great with my HAI thermostats. There is only one thing missing as far as I'm concerned, and that is the ability to turn the fan on and off on the thermostat. Any plans to add that feature?

Has anyone tested the lighting controls with Insteon yet? Any syntax examples that I can play with?

Thanks all.

Return to “iPhone / iPod Touch Beta”