Internet Clock Radio

Whatever you want to discuss
sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Internet Clock Radio

Postby sonypoolplr » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:22 pm

I have a friend who is looking for a way to wake up her son. She was hoping to maybe get something that is connected to the internet that she could send a sound through or maybe even talk through to get him up. Has anyone seen anything like this, or maybe something close to it?

Or if anyone has any suggestions on how to help he wake him up, I would love to hear them.

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Internet Clock Radio

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:19 am

Dropcam Pro cameras not only have video but also support two-way talk. Drop a camera in his room then she can check on her phone what he's up to and tell him to get out of bed if he's still sleeping. 1984.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:14 am

Thanks Dave. I told her about it. I was focusing on alarm clocks and didn't think about a camera.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:00 pm

Back in the day we had phones, hard wired to the wall, that had ringers on them that you could turn up and down but not turn off.

Now days you can turn off the ringer, but landline phones still work. Then she could just call on the phone.

If the ringing phone doesn't work, she can get one of these Ameriphone SR-200 Super Phone Ringer. 95dB
On sale for $29 at Amazon. I don't even think you need the phone with this.

No landline phone service? Vonage is $10 a month. Magic Jack is $14.99 a year.

Depending on the age of the son... she may now want to see what goes on in the room. :D

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Sat May 02, 2015 10:28 pm

On the other hand, I actually have a macro, that shuts down all of our automated announcements as well as sending all phone calls to voice mail (via way-2-call and HomeSeer) when I or my wife just want to have a few minutes of piece and quite!

I never thought that there would be a time that I didn't want to know who was calling, that someone was approaching the front door, the snail mail arrived, I received an email message or one of our trash cans (via RFID) was for some reason off the property! Having ML or HS making routine announcements of these and other CNN Breaking News events was very nice and impressed our friends and family when they were over, but over time, they became increasingly nerve racking! (I could have used more colorful terms, but I thought I'd keep it PG).

Automation can be great, but there is a limit!

Well, maybe I can create a little GUI for my Apple Watch! Dave, any sample iWatch Apps planned?

;)

Return to “Whatever!”