Whatever happened to CarLobby?

Whatever you want to discuss
dapilot

Postby dapilot » Wed May 12, 2004 10:15 am

Anyone know why it is so hard to get a hold of the people running cinamaronline? I have sent numerous emails and haven't even had the courtesy of a reply. Is this pretty typical of the support of this company or are they just out of town or something?

ChemicaL

Postby ChemicaL » Wed May 12, 2004 10:31 am

Actually the support has always been fantastic.

I chalk it up to being extremely busy. Cinemar seems to be in a state of serious growth, specially with all the new alliances being announced.

I know it can be frustrating, but these guys really do kick butt ;)

dapilot

Postby dapilot » Wed May 12, 2004 10:44 am

Got a response from Mario, Thanks! Can't wait for the release!

ChemicaL

Postby ChemicaL » Thu May 27, 2004 6:45 pm

Any updates on a tentative release date? I'll start getting HW together when it gets close ;)

Postby Guest » Thu May 27, 2004 7:57 pm

CarLobby (Cruise Control Console) has been final beta released to our dealer network for testing. Though, we haven't figured out what level of involvement Cinemar will have in the distribution of CC, we're hoping to have it bug-free in the next couple of weeks. It will be initially available via 3rd party dealers; however, we may finally decide that we want to distribute and support it directly, as well.

RoyN

Postby RoyN » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:27 pm

Hmm. this post stopped in May, any updates? Is this stuff available or dead? I googled for carlobby and got zilch.....

It looked really promising...

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Wysocki » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:13 pm

Dan / Mario:
What is happening, if anything, with this? Your last post in May 2004 implied a few weeks for some sort of delivery. Is it dead? Right now I'm using MediaCar (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=36) on my carPC but its developer has dropped out of sight and I'd like to have a product that I can use and will be supported.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:00 pm

Hi Folks,

We haven't had as much time to focus on this effort as we'd like and our dealer is still having some difficulties with our first release. So we are working some kinks out still. Slowly but surely.

We have recently made a few more updates to see if it solves some issues.

We're considering making it available to a select few for more testing, but given all the projects we've got going on, users shouldn't expect fast turnaround bug fixes.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “Whatever!”