BitDefender: CinemarSolutions.com Virus Infected?

Whatever you want to discuss
jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

BitDefender: CinemarSolutions.com Virus Infected?

Postby jeffdoo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:02 pm

I've been unable to access the main cinemarsolutions.com web site for almost a month from any of my home computers which have BitDefender installed. I had to use my work laptop with Symantec firewall (work dictated) to make my latest purchase of the DirecTVIP plugin...

Here is what BitDefender says regardless of computer (4 of them) or browser (IE, FireFox, or Chrome):

==========
BitDefender 2011

This web page has been blocked by BitDefender Antivirus Real-time Protection!

The web page blocked by BitDefender included objects that were either infected or likely to be infected with a virus. Your system has NOT been infected.
==========

Just wondering....

Thanks!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BitDefender: CinemarSolutions.com Virus Infected?

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm

I know of no issues. Does it give any more detail as to what kind of virus is lurking in there?

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: BitDefender: CinemarSolutions.com Virus Infected?

Postby jeffdoo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:17 am

CinemarDave wrote:I know of no issues. Does it give any more detail as to what kind of virus is lurking in there?

Nope, what I cut-n-pasted above is all I get from BitDefender. Nothing is logged anywhere that I can find, the web page from BF doesn't have a click here or anything for more details, extremely frustrating.

I just attempted to visit again from my workstation and I could visit CinemarSolutions.com/*html but then 10 minutes later it started showing the virus alert. It absolutely showed the alert when accessing any of the "Add to Cart" buttons. If I disable real-time scanning I'm able to access the site without a problem.

All of this might be nothing, but when I get it from more than one computer I typically rule out my computer(s)/network. And, now that I give it more thought, I also experienced the problem when @ UNC Charlotte for my son's Science Olympiad so that rules out my network configuration (FreeBSD w/transparent Squid caching).

I was hoping someone else here might pop in with similar results, a solution, or tell me I'm nuts.

Thanks!

Return to “Whatever!”