My Energy Usage Dropped by almost 20% - 35%

Discussion of supported Energy Management Drivers and Hardware (TED 1001/1002)
mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: My Energy Usage Dropped by almost 20% - 35%

Postby mcascio » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:47 am

September showed more savings almost identical to last months savings.

This September 2009s electrical usage was 37.8% less than September 2008.

That equated to $108 in savings.

We've got a big sale running on the TED units and our Energy Management plugin if anyone wants to get onboard. It's a great way to reduce your monthly bills. Just look back at my results from this past year. It's paid for itself every two months.
http://www.cinemarsolutions.com/mlserve ... gement.php (SAVE UP TO 25%)

I'm still looking for more ways to seal up the house. I just ordered an Infrared Thermometer and a Dryer Vent Closure. Hopefully I'll be able to find some areas in the house that need a little more insulation or caulking with the infrared thermometer.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:23 pm

I thought it would be interesting to see how much I've saved this past year since installing the TED and using our Energy Management plugin.

It turns out that I've saved $996.01 over the past year. Which averages out to 28% each month in savings.

The funny thing is that installing solar panels and wind turbines would have cost 10's of thousands of dollars to achieve the same results that spending a couple hundred dollars has done for me. Granted there are expenses such as CFL, energy efficient drives, etc...but those cost savings will continue over the life of them.

I'm hoping others have been as successful as I have.

Using an IR Thermometer I've found several large air leaks in my house that I've been able to insulate or caulk that will hopefully save on Gas over the winter as well.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:28 am

Not really part of this thread, sorry, but I haven't been able to get my TED working in my house. I should say it works, but it messes up the x10 throughout my house. Is there a "trick" to get it to work? I had to disconnect it, maybe I will try it again, but I was wondering what others were seeing and doing.

Thanks.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:56 am

sonypoolplr,

I know there were discussions about this on another forum. I want to say it was Cocoontech or Homeseer. You might check there for options.

Depending upon the number of lights, you might consider upgrading to Insteon or UPB as well.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 am

Thanks Mario. I had looked at those, and like other things, some have had no problems and others listed problems. I will look around and see what I can find.

Thanks again

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:32 am

I forgot to report back my energy savings for October - so here's both October and November.

* Used 31.2% Less Energy in Oct 2009 compared to Oct 2008 - Based on the Average Use Per Day during this billing period
* Used 24.2% Less Energy in Nov 2009 compared to Nov 2008 - Based on the Average Use Per Day during this billing period

So the savings continue.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

killervette

Postby killervette » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:13 am

mcascio wrote:I forgot to report back my energy savings for October - so here's both October and November.

* Used 31.2% Less Energy in Oct 2009 compared to Oct 2008 - Based on the Average Use Per Day during this billing period
* Used 24.2% Less Energy in Nov 2009 compared to Nov 2008 - Based on the Average Use Per Day during this billing period

So the savings continue.

Thats awesome. I was starting to save a good bit, but the ted5000 was interfering with my insteon lighting. I have a potential solution, but my father in law, who is also an electrician, needs to come and visit to fix it :)

Return to “Energy Management”