Re Plugin

Discussion of supported Energy Management Drivers and Hardware (TED 1001/1002)
tmax

Re Plugin

Postby tmax » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:52 pm

I already have in the house some Siemens Energy Meters linked to my Server. They write all of the info to a .CSV file.

Would it be possible to read this info to show up on the Energy Managment plugin?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:11 pm

tmax,
the MLDatabase plugin may be able to attach to the csv and with database scripting that you would do, can display the content both graphically and in MainLobby Server Variables / graphics.

This is if you are comfortable with SQL. etc.

So, for the more technical users.

I assume that your energy monitor hardware is connected via serial? Is the protocol available? That is another means of integration with the hardware...either you write a driver (possibly using MLGenericDevice) or commisioning Cinemar.

Very likely though, unless this is a hobby to you. It will cost more for the development / your time than it is to just buy the TED hardware. If you have multiple panels, using the Siemons for other things, then of course that might change.

tmax

Postby tmax » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Thanks for the reply,
I have thre of the meters linked to a coupler using a twisted pair bus cable. this cupler convertes to the data to TCP/IP and send the info over cat 5 on the LAN to my Sever where some software decodes it and sends it to the .csv file (one per meter) every 5 seconds (or as you choose). I currently Graph this with MS Excel.

The meters were pretty expensive, work well and are installed, so i would like to get them working with ML if possible.

I havent worked with SQL, but i suppose i could learn. I will look into it and see how i get on.

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:13 pm

Tmax:
I you dont mind sending me the csv file, I can see if I can write a import routine for MLDB.

Tracy

tmax

Postby tmax » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:39 am

Thanks Tracy

attached is a sample csv file exactly as it appears in the server meter folder. The updated info from the meter will add to the bottom about every 10 seconds or so.

It is a three phase meter and i have the

lighting runnig through Phase 1
Sockets running through Phase 2
and General power on Phase 3

If you have any questions please ask.

I was going to replace with the ted, but we are on a 50Hz 230V network in Ireland and it wont work.

If I could get ML to work this meter is available all over Europe from Siemens, easy to install and will connect to the server over ethernet.

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Tmax:
I did not see the attachment. Feel free to PM if that works better.

Tracy

tmax

Postby tmax » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Sorry, i think it wont accept csv so i have saved t as xls and you can save it back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Energy Management”