Startup box causing hang

Discussions for the iTunes Music Interface
jamarotta

Startup box causing hang

Postby jamarotta » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:07 pm

I've been experimenting with the new MLItunes plugin (which I think is great especially being an Iphone owner). Took a little bit, but was finally able to get the plugin and agent to play nicely together. My two biggest issues were actually

1-My Vista Ultimate machine (like others from what I read) did not have the mswinsck.ocx and tabctl32.ocx present in the windows\system32 directory so the agent wouldn't start. Once downloaded and registered, agent runs fine.
2-My Vista Ultimate machine (yes VISTA again), wouldn't easily allowing sharing to my MLitunescoverart directory. Once you realize that you have set all the right options in Network and Discovery, as well as add 'EVERYONE' to the security group in properties (regardless of sharing), then it became accessible to my MLServer machine and everything worked together nicely.

The only problem that I have remaining so far(and since this is still in BETA), is that I cannot check the 'STARTUP' box next to CONNECT in the plugin. Once I do, and then if I reload MLServer, when it gets to the LOADING MLItunes Plugin as it runs through its startup for the all the plugins, it STOPS and HANGS on MLITUNES. This happens everytime regardless of whether my Vista client is running or not. I have END TASK MLServer, go into the .MDB and uncheck the box (AND NOT USE IT), so that I can successfully reload MLSERVER whenever I want.

Appreciate any thoughts out there.

Thx, Joe

jamarotta

Postby jamarotta » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:26 pm

Disregard. Simple firewall issue. Opened port 8000 for my client's IP in router and seems no more hanging on startup.

Return to “iTunes”