Latest iTunes Agent Problems

Discussions for the iTunes Music Interface
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Latest iTunes Agent Problems

Postby ronsatter » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:17 pm

I upgraded iTunes with the updated iTunes Agent and ML scenes and commands ... and it's broken in some parts. Able to play from a playlist OK, but any selection of Artist, then Album from the Search scene comes up with an empty Tracks scene.

I followed the wiki re-install exactly. Tried a fresh install of all the pieces several times and had the same results. Unfortunately, the ML Installer app overwrote my earlier version of the iTunes agent, so I can't troubleshoot at this point.

Anyone else haveing problems?

Ron :(
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks for the report.

I just found two scenes that had the old "," separator instead of the new "~".

We'll have to release another update to MainLobby, but here they are right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:50 am

mcascio wrote:Thanks for the report.

I just found two scenes that had the old "," separator instead of the new "~".

We'll have to release another update to MainLobby, but here they are right now.

Thanks for the quick response, Mario.

Now I get it! I checked out the two scenes you left for download, and they still have a lingering comma in the MLServeCmd line all the buttons on both of the new scenes .

It reads as this on the "iTunes_layer_search_results_album" scene:

MLITunes|{{{{clientname}}_selected_Itunes}}~Select~{{{{clientname}}_MLITunes_{{{{clientname}}_selected_Itunes}}_Search_Item_001_Index}},{{{{clientname}}_MLITunes_{{{{clientname}}_selected_Itunes}}_Search_Item_001_Title}}

Notice the comma separator at the end of the first line. I simply replaced the remaining comma in the string with the "~" ... BINGO! The Tracks scene is populated correctly and works as expected.

I'm going to do tests now, but that solved one of the problems.

Not sure if the database verify problem is related.

Ron

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:28 am

Ron,

I just opened the scene that you pointed out and don't see any commas that you mentioned...I think you may just have reloaded the wrong file or not officially saved the file to your content folder.

Here's what I see:
MLITunes|{{{{clientname}}_selected_Itunes}}~Select~{{{{clientname}}_MLITunes_{{{{clientname}}_selected_Itunes}}_Search_Item_004_Index}}~{{{{clientname}}_MLITunes_{{{{clientname}}_selected_Itunes}}_Search_Item_004_Title}}
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:36 am

mcascio wrote:Ron,

I just opened the scene that you pointed out and don't see any commas that you mentioned...I think you may just have reloaded the wrong file or not officially saved the file to your content folder.

Here's what I see:
MLITunes|{{{{clientname}}_selected_Itunes}}~Select~{{{{clientname}}_MLITunes_{{{{clientname}}_selected_Itunes}}_Search_Item_004_Index}}~{{{{clientname}}_MLITunes_{{{{clientname}}_selected_Itunes}}_Search_Item_004_Title}}

Oops! You're right. Sorry about that. I copied the files to the wrong folder. No commas in the downloads. Also:

Still seems to be a problem with the Agent "Verify database" command. It gives error messages and deletes all the tracks from the db. "Rebuild Database" works and will undo the damage from "Verify"

Ron

Return to “iTunes”