problems getting it all to work

Discussions for the iTunes Music Interface
collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

problems getting it all to work

Postby collegeboyslive » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:23 am

I am having a problem with the itunes music system. I cant get the touchpads to properly control the itunes program

yes cover art is shared, and i can map to it and look at them. i notice there are a mixture of .jpg's and .png's in there, probally more .pmg's than .jpg's

on the touchpad itunes setup screen it shows:
MLserver connection: true
Itunes plugin connection status: True

001:set theater_selected_itunes = 001
002:set theater_selected_itunes = 001

when i click initialize client , i see on the ML server log: event: Rc: 001~newClient

HOWEVER:

on the MLitunes agent log file it has an error:
right after :loading images i have this error line:

ERROR: -2147418113~Method~of object~failed

this is repeated 4 times.
then the next entry is: Loading playlists
it almost looks like the issue is 2 fold. I see some cover art come up , and when i select it i see commands appearing at the log on itunes client on the ML server system. but errors on the log in the mlitunes agent:
ERROR: -2147418107~Automation error: it is illigal to call out while inside message filter.
itunes 8.0.1 is the version i have , which is the latest version of itunes

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:22 am

Go to the iTunes program directly. With the Agent connected and MLS connected to the agent, start a track from within iTunes. What happens? Does the Agent see that the track is playing? Does the MLS driver see that the track is playing? and finally, does the artist name and track name along with the proper cover art appear on the now playing scene on the screen?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:38 am

yes on the touchscreen the name comes up and the play button changes to the pause, however trying to pause from the touchscreen dosnt work. the picture dosnt come up. its almost like the touchpad can receive soem information but not sent it

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:14 am

How is your touch screen configured? Is it vie RPC or directly connected to the MLS machine? Go to the MLItunes driver / client settings tab. Is you client listed in the table? What are the playlist, category and view settings for that client?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:32 am

the itunes driver? is that the itunes agent located on the machine with itunes on it?

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:45 am

not sure if it wil help but the versions are thus:

MLItunes plug in on mlserver: 1.0.13
MLItunes AGent on machine with itunes on it: 1.0.2069
Itunes version: 8.0.1.11

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:05 am

The iTunes agent is on the machine that hosts the iTunes program; The driver is on your MLS machine. Go to your MLS server/plug-ins area and bring up the control panel for the plug-in (ie. Driver). Double click the "device 001" line and you will see several tabs. Look at the log. Also look at the clients as above and make sure you see all of your clients that you have initialized.

Also, Play a track directly from iTunes and then go to the "now playing" tab. See if you can control the playback from there. If you can not do it from there, then there is an issue either between the communications of the Plug-In and Agent or between Agent and iTunes. Basically, doing it from the tab eliminates the touchscreen and any problems associated with the screen or scene. You must be able to control iTunes from the plug-in for the screen to work.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:32 pm

>>Look at the log. Also look at the clients as above and make sure you see all of your clients that you have initialized.

yes it does and when i change the name the touchpad it updates so that part works

>>>Also, Play a track directly from iTunes and then go to the "now playing" tab. See if you can control the playback from there.

yes i can control it as in play stop ect BUT nothing is showing up in the information box where it should show the name of the song ect. however that information DOES show up on the touchpad and i can also control it from the touchpad BUT on the touchpad no names show in the playlist.

>>>If you can not do it from there, then there is an issue either between the communications of the Plug-In and Agent or between Agent and iTunes. Basically, doing it from the tab eliminates the touchscreen and any problems associated with the screen or scene. You must be able to control iTunes from the plug-in for the screen to work.

yeah crazy eh? it looks like it isnt displaying .png album graphics and not displaying play lists or names of songs

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:35 pm

and i am stil getting these errors on the mlitunes agent on the itunes computer:

ERROR: -2147418113 Methord ~ of object ~ failed

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:04 pm

Ok so this should be easy to figure out.
Start a track from the screen, then look at the agent log but first make sure you have the agent log set to full notification mode. Do you are the track name come up? If not, then the problem is between the agent and iTunes. If it does indicate then go to the plug in log and look for the name. If it is not there then the issue is between the agent and MLS.

Your firewall ports on both machines are open. Right? You are not running some secondary firewall like Norton are you?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:18 pm

yes track names do come up on mlitunes agent, all firewalls are currently off while i get this issue sorted

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:21 am

The next step is to do the same thing and look at the log of the Plugin. If the name comes up there, then the issue is with your scenes. If it does not, then the issue is between the agent and the Plugin.

Make sure that you have the most recent main lobby version as the iTunes scenes changed recently.

The other item to try is to clear cache in MLS and rebuild the database from the Plugin. Also restart MLS.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:28 am

the song name came up there as well. Remember the song name DOES appear on the touchpad and the play pause commands DO work just no other information to the right of it and no titles on the thumbnails of the songs / artist listings, those are all blank

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 am

what should the mainlobby content folder read ? i have:

C:\Program Files\Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768\

also what is the most recent mainlobby version? i have 3.00.151

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:10 am

collegeboyslive wrote:the song name came up there as well. Remember the song name DOES appear on the touchpad and the play pause commands DO work just no other information to the right of it and no titles on the thumbnails of the songs / artist listings, those are all blank

A screenshot can be helpful sometimes when troubleshooting.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “iTunes”