Feature/Function Request

Discussions for the iTunes Music Interface
jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Feature/Function Request

Postby jjjukebox » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:41 pm

Want to start by saying that I love the customization abilty of the plugin. Will be great when JRMC has this level as well.

When I set up my controllers I have used an alias name (Patio) and seems to works. It is set up as controller device number 001

However, all the variables a still set up using the numeric ID value for example:

patio_selected_itunes = 001
not
patio_selected_itunes = patio

Therefore all variables are patio_mlitunes_001_xxx and not patio_mlitunes_patio_xxx.

The reason I ask is because all my zone clients computers are named by the zone name (Patio) and the ML client is the zone name (Patio). Many zones are running iTunes and would like to dynamically change zone control based on the currently selected zone. I have made custom remote and iTunes scenes and would like the function the change zones to be controlled based on the zone name and MLITunes|xxxx~NewClient where xxxx is the zone name and iTunes plugin alias (Patio for example) and not the currently used ID number.

Is it too far into develeopment to use this type of variable format or even possible?

Many Thanx
J.J. Jukebox

Return to “iTunes”