ITunes or Musiclobby

Discussions for the iTunes Music Interface
sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

ITunes or Musiclobby

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:43 am

I might be opening up a can of worms with this one, but I presently have JRivers w/MusicLobby and it is running good, but I have been looking at the ITunes setup and I like what I see. What I was wondering. from those that have tried both, which one do you like better, and why. Like I said I like MusicLobby but I am always looking for something that looks and works better.

Thanks.

mwebster
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mwebster » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:10 pm

I dug through some of the posts on itunes and it looks like it doesn't handle multiple audio zones in a clean way. I'd love to have a more customizable musiclobby, but need to have support for multiple zones.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:48 pm

I noticed that too after pouring over the posts. Right now I only use one zone in jrivers, even though I have two set up. I wouldn't like to lose that potential though in moving to a new interface. Might just have to give it a try and see for myself.

couj

Postby couj » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:33 pm

The ML itunes interface is terrific but, as you identified, using itunes does make the implementation of zones difficult. If this is important to you and you don't mind using JRiver then you may be better off staying with MusicLobby. Hopefully the ML team will update the musiclobby interface in due course to something similar to the ML itunes one.

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:31 am

I am a new ML user and have been using musiclobby and have tried the itunes interface also.

Heres a question: Does the musiclobby interface allow for any rearranging of the interface (other than the programmed options)? I am trying to resize it for my Q1 and it seems that i can only scale the overall musiclobby button. Unfortunately, this means that everything just gets smaller and inappropriately proportioned for a Q1. And too small for my big fingers.

On the other hand if iTunes lets you rearrange the layout buttons in the same fashion that you can rearrange them in DVD lobby, than i say Itunes has a real advantage just in this respect...And it is alot slicker looking too. Too bad i just spent $ on musiclobby....

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:34 am

That's the big difference right now in my mind between Musiclobby and itunes, the ability to rearrange everything like DVDLobby. Cinemar has said that musiclobby will be getting the same makeover, so maybe it makes sence to wait, but I still might try itunes to see how it lives up to the family test.

Return to “iTunes”