iTunes PLays wrong song from album?

Discussions for the iTunes Music Interface
windrockwater

iTunes PLays wrong song from album?

Postby windrockwater » Sat May 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Has anyone had an issue with iTunes playing the incorrect song from an Album. I seem to be having a recurring problem where i click on a song to play in the Itunes interface but it starts playing a different song from that album that is not the song i chose...

I think it has something to do with the track numbers. For example, MLitunes shows a list of songs for an album but they are in the wrong order. So i if i pick the first song listed at the top in MLItunes (which is really track number 2), it will play the first track for the album.

seanworth

Postby seanworth » Sun May 18, 2008 7:23 am

I have had similar problems but usually after loading a bunch of new albums in. All I need to do is rebuild my database (usually once) and all is fine.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun May 18, 2008 9:29 am

Same here - Your database is jacked up. Disconnect MLS from the service, then do a complete rebuild. After that, reconnect the MLS/Service link.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Sun May 18, 2008 9:43 am

OKay thanks: i am trying by shutting down MLserver completely including the MLItunes service. I restarted the MLitunes service (without MLServer running) and am "Rebuilding DB".

It takes awhile and sees everything as a ADDING: New Track Found... I have about 6000 mp3s.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun May 18, 2008 9:57 am

That works. You can do the same thing and leave MLS running by just disconnecting the MLS driver from the Service. I have so many things that need to happen when I restart MLS, that I only do it when necessary.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Mon May 19, 2008 7:45 am

Rebuilding the database seems to work at first but then it gets screwy again. Its time consuming to rebuild frequently (takes about 10 minutes or so) so i am hoping it is either an iTunes database issue that is only a local issue, or, perhaps a beta issue that will be resolved with the final release.

Again, the look of the interface is great and makes musiclobby look antique so thats a good thing. Has anyone modified the interface to work at a different resolution (800x480 for example?).

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon May 19, 2008 8:26 am

Are you continually adding songs to iTunes which then results in the out of sync?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Mon May 19, 2008 8:49 am

No not at all. Its the same songs (and playlists) unchanged. I deleted all missing songs from itunes also. The songs are on a NAS on the network. The NAS does have an annoying delay when the HD spins up unfortunately.

I do see that the MLservice adds to the MLitunes a bunch of playlists that do not even show up in iTunes. Seems strange. I am tempted to simplify my itunes database to just a handful of albums temporarily just to troubleshoot. I really don't use itunes much as it seems so limiting.

I got MLitunes working on my 15 ELO screen (albeit temporarily) but it looks sweet! I have a party Saturday and hope to go live by then...

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: iTunes PLays wrong song from album?

Postby mcascio » Mon May 19, 2008 9:02 am

windrockwater wrote:Has anyone had an issue with iTunes playing the incorrect song from an Album. I seem to be having a recurring problem where i click on a song to play in the Itunes interface but it starts playing a different song from that album that is not the song i chose...

I think it has something to do with the track numbers. For example, MLitunes shows a list of songs for an album but they are in the wrong order. So i if i pick the first song listed at the top in MLItunes (which is really track number 2), it will play the first track for the album.

Can you step and repeat this with the same album? Once narrowed down to an album is it possible that album has track numbers with duplicates but different songs? Meaning two Track 1s?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon May 19, 2008 3:14 pm

windrockwater,

I was able to duplicate the adding of wrong songs. In my case, it appeared the first track was missing from all albums. So at some point this became an issue. THis probably resulted in the incorrect song being added. Now the bigger question is when does this start happening.

REbuilding the database seemed to solve the problem.

If anyone can hint at what they did once the problem arises we'll have a better chance of finding this little bugger.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon May 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Mario; was this after you added tracks to iTunes? I have had issues adding tracks to iTunes when the Service is connected. I typically now disconnect the service from iTunes by closing it, then add tracks, then restart the service.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue May 20, 2008 10:08 am

DaveB wrote:Mario; was this after you added tracks to iTunes? I have had issues adding tracks to iTunes when the Service is connected. I typically now disconnect the service from iTunes by closing it, then add tracks, then restart the service.

I'm not sure yet. Haven't gotten farther along with testing. But by design, you shouldn't have to disconnect in order to add tracks.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed May 21, 2008 9:33 pm

Every time I add tracks with the service connected, I get errors with iTunes, errors with the service or both. I am not sure that it is not an iTunes issue. I do not think that iTunes handles the addition of trackes well when somthing is connected to the program. I dunp an error every time I add a track with the service connected.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Thu May 22, 2008 5:51 pm

I have not added tracks or songs so thats not part of the cause of my problem.

Also the tracks seem correctly numbered without duplicates numbers or names.

If anyone gets some of the cause of this established, please post...
Rebuilding every time it whacks out is a bummer.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu May 22, 2008 6:33 pm

I am on a ppc now and it is tough to search, but look around in this area. There is an active discusson on this topic. Mario is working on it.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “iTunes”