Review of current version

Discussions for the iTunes Music Interface
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:35 pm

Mario - OK so now it works well and it is time to talk about the interface. I like what you have done, but the complaint I get is related to the structure of the menu system. As you dig two or three layers in, you must hit Back several times to get a full menu that allow you to go someplace else.

Example; Search other albums by an artist/ select and album/ select a track/ add the track, and then start the hitting back process until you get to a place that you can go to the playlist.

My point is that you should integrate this with MLMenu. Or at minimum, redo the bottom menu so that all the back hits are not necessary. I would like to select an additional track and directly go to my new formed playlist.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Mario;
I am assuming that soon you will issue an update that will allow the ability to hide the service and also change the name from "service" to "Agent" to get in line with some of the other newer drivers out there.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:37 am

Mario;
ALong with the above are a few more observations;

The service interface needs work; You need the ability to stop and restart logging from the logging screen. You also need the ability to capture the log via a button press. Look at what DaveP did with the HAI agent as example. It works great.

I still think that the "Service" shjould be renamed "Agent" to stay consistant with other drivers now available.

Please - Hide the Service or Agent, whjatever you decide to call it.

With the most current version (1.0.2056) of the service and (1.0.13) of the driver - OK well you see my point; Your reported versions do not match what is being downloaded, making it difficult at best to figure out what is actually loaded on a system.

Ramdom goofiness - With the most current version; all is working well with the exception of the "Current Track" variables update; I have rebuilt my database and verified and so on. It looks like iTunes is getting the correct data and is playing the correst tunes, and providing the correct data back to the Service. The playlists are building and playing fine as is the song list, but the "Current Track" goes off path and starts reporting random crap. Tracks and album covers that are not even on the playlist are showing up on my touch screens in the now playing positions.

I will rebuild once more with the above an try to isolate the issues.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:38 pm

Just bumbing this up to be sure it stays current.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:44 am

DaveB wrote:Mario;
ALong with the above are a few more observations;

The service interface needs work; You need the ability to stop and restart logging from the logging screen. You also need the ability to capture the log via a button press. Look at what DaveP did with the HAI agent as example. It works great.

I still think that the "Service" shjould be renamed "Agent" to stay consistant with other drivers now available.

Please - Hide the Service or Agent, whjatever you decide to call it.

With the most current version (1.0.2056) of the service and (1.0.13) of the driver - OK well you see my point; Your reported versions do not match what is being downloaded, making it difficult at best to figure out what is actually loaded on a system.

Ramdom goofiness - With the most current version; all is working well with the exception of the "Current Track" variables update; I have rebuilt my database and verified and so on. It looks like iTunes is getting the correct data and is playing the correst tunes, and providing the correct data back to the Service. The playlists are building and playing fine as is the song list, but the "Current Track" goes off path and starts reporting random crap. Tracks and album covers that are not even on the playlist are showing up on my touch screens in the now playing positions.

I will rebuild once more with the above an try to isolate the issues.

Hi Dave,

The version numbers should now be in sync once again. The version number we provide when installing the iTunes plugin is not the family version number (1.0.13) but instead the controller.dll version. The family plugin itself will rarely ever change but the controller changes with almost each release - so the installer is referring to that version.

Will look at adding the other options you requested for logging.

Let's make sure you are on the latest of all versions. The now playing track variable should be working if you are running the latest (1.0.2058 of the Service/Agent and 1.0.1489).

We will be renaming it to Agent and offering an option to minimize on startup.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 am

Mario -

I will check the versions when I get back home tonight and will post the results. What was happening is the current track info would be correct initially, for the first track in the playlist. Once the playlist changed to second track, the now playing would change to the next track of the fist CD, not the current CD, and it would keep going that way.

I will get back to you.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Mario;
All is well. I was one version behind on the service. I banged it around fairly hard the last few days and have no issues to report so far.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “iTunes”